Friday, May 12, 2006

Maybe I'm just hopelessly romantic??

The love of my life is treating me to "Evita" tickets, and I was thinking that I could wear something elegant (obviously I haven't looked in my closet...which contains tees, jeans and trackpants), and a shawl (I am also about 15 lbs lighter in this vision). I mean, where else is more appropriate to wear a shawl than the theatre? So I just spent 20 min searching online for a relatively simple but elegant shawl pattern that I could make with something from the stash, 20 min that I should have spent working on the purse I knitting mom for Mother's Day (a "lesley" original, I am knitting by the seat of my pants) which is not going to knit or felt itself...sigh. There is a distinct possibility that I'll knit the shawl and it will never see the outside, but it sometimes gets chilly in my apartment and I find that sweater sleeves interfere with my knitting progress, so it's not like I'd never ever wear it...and I only have less than two weeks to knit it and no attention span/patience for a lacy complicated creation. I blame the Yarn Harlot for this; if I hadn't just finished reading the chapter on shawls in her new book I wouldn't even be contemplating shawls and where to wear them! Then there is the question of colour, I have a lot of a cream, some baby yarn in white and a whole bunch of pink. All three of those colours will work with my general colour scheme (again, whose closet am I freaking looking in???) and also with my wedding colours so I could always have it handy for my getaway (no matter what the coat, it is not gonna work with a wedding gown, although my cousin looked really cute with her new husband's tux jacket on...) but then THAT's only going to work if it's an elegant shawl AND I keep it looking nice....ooooh decisions decisions!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I envision myself in a shawl, a cute little black dress and perfect "sexy secretary" shoes...

The things holding me back:
1. no cute shoes
2. no black dress
3. no shawl
4. no place to wear it

I'm still going to make the shawl damnit. I have the yarn, the pattern...