Well, I tried. But I think it was pure arrogance really that made me think I could knit a ballet wrap cardigan in less than 6 days. I think maybe the fact that the idea came to me around 11pm on Saturday night should have been a tip off that maybe I wasn't thinking clearly.
It was the back panel that did me in. I had completed the left front in about a day and 1/2...keeping in mind much of my knitting doesn't get done until after my daughter is asleep. I finished the right front panel Wednesday afternoon...behind the schedule I had set but I figured I was still in good shape. Got down to serious work on the back. I knit through the night, stopping around 1 am when my daughter woke up. I knit through the day Thursday, and even though Grace is teething and pretty grumpy about it I seemed to have gotten a lot done. After her bedtime however, I fell into the knitting black hole; you know, where you knit row after row but the piece never seems to get bigger? I decided I would knit until the end of The Daily Show which ends at 12:30. I struggled through, fighting fatigue but knitted on. At 12:30, I measured...I told myself that I must be close to done, I have to be so I can get the sleeves knit! I nearly wept when I discovered I still had 6 frickin inches to go before I could shoulder shape! I measure seven times. I just couldn't knit another stitch, the knitting process wasn't making sense anymore, my hands just wouldn't do it. In a fit of madness I considered setting the alarm for, oh, say 5 am and continuing after a sleep...but I came to my senses. I just settled on the idea that I would not have a ballet wrap to wear tonight to the theatre. Maybe next year....
Friday, May 26, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment