Sunday, May 07, 2006

I am sad to say that not much knitting has gotten done this weekend. Grace has been miserable pushing 5 teeth through and not her usual cheerful self. Unfortunately this means that the "sophie" bag ordered will not be done by its promised time, my instructor will just have to understand. And since she has also assigned a short paper for this week, I can always blame that.
I am reading the Yarn Harlot's new book "Knitting Rules" and finding it quite inspiring. I went out and bought a huge trunk-like tote to contain my ever growing stash. There is a stop put new yarn bought (the exception being wool for purse orders) until I have some stuff knit. This bothered me a bit, until I inherited a stash...a close family friend's mom decided to clean out her closets and so far I've recieved 2 huge bags of yarn and just found out that more is on the way. It's mostly acryilic with some wool and cotton, but great for knitting Fish for my blanket and making various hats and mittens to keep my kids warm! So, I placed all the acrylic into the large tote, my cottons into the medium tote and the smaller tote is for wool and the more expensive novelty stuff I bought out of a sale bin in Tangled Skeins. So far my fiance has not noticed that yarn seems to be slowly stealing living room space...but at least it's contained...for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, welcome to the blog-world. The poncho turned out great, I was wondering what you were working on the other night at KOL and never got the chance to ask you...

When I get my act together, I'll add your blog to the sidebar list on the KOL blog!