Last night we went to The Keg for dinner, it was expensive but we got quite a lot of food that was really really good and waddled back down the hill to Neptune for the show. I doubt that Phil was as impressed with Evita as I was...but I loved every minute of it. Even if I wasn't wearing a hand-knit ballet wrap, lol!
Speaking of which, I cannot decide if I want to lengthen the sleeves or shorten them. I do know I don't want them ending at my elbows though, as shown in the pattern. I made the rest of it longer too, and I am thinking I want at least 3/4 length sleeves. I'll pick it back up when I decide I guess, since the sense of urgency has passed.
As for knitting in general, well, I have sad news for me. I have to take a break. Working with yarn is aggravating my eczema on my hands, and I am starting to get that "dipped my fingers in acid" look. I am getting married in 2 months...which means a lot of people are going to be looking at my hands. I need to have nice hands. Plus it would be nice if they stopped icthing and hurting for a while. I have tried gloves, they didn't work. Tried a variety of creams, nothing. Even my prescription cream isn't helping. In desperation I used Grace's diaper cream (I have heard many people say this works), well that burned.
All is not lost, I will still knit Tuesdays with the KOL crew, and Thursday mornings with my fellow knitting mommies. But that will have to be it. Restricting my knitting to twice a week for a few hours is going to suck, but I have to take a stand with these hands of mine. Plus, it hurts to have yarn running over them, it really really hurts.
Finally, if anyone has any other ideas, I am totally open to them. I have heard something about soaking them in sea water, which I might have a go at (I visit my parents tomorrow, they live in Lawerencetown, near the beach), and I have also heard of a natural solution that you put a few drops on your tongue...supposed to work miracles, but I forget the name of it.
This is not going to be easy, especially since I get tense if I don't knit at all in a day, but I'm getting desperate. Also, not knitting will free up some time to get my wedding favours made; I am making beaded wine charms, I have 37 done at last count, I need, oh, about 200 or so. I should probably find them (I am 98% sure they are in my bedroom closet) and get them done. Sounds like a plan!
Saturday, May 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
A friend of mine has light treatments on her hands for excema. I can try to find out more from her if you want.
Eczema is SO hard to get rid of. I don't get it too badly so the cortisone cream usually works...
I vote for 3/4 length sleeves. I love that length, quite versatile. Provides warmth, but you don't drag your sleeves in your food (very important).
Post a Comment