Ok, we did NOT have an ant problem last week...when they sprayed the bottom of the apartment building for ants. NOW my kitchen window is crawling with ANTS! Irritating, gross, hard-to-get-rid-of ants!!! My theory is this: they sprayed, the ants went marching up! (We're top floor) I am so annoyed I could SPIT! (I won't...I am a lady after all, lol)
I decided the other night I wanted a ballerina wrap style sweater to wear over my tank top and skirt friday night to Evita. I tried on several...but none were exactly what I wanted and all were more than I wanted to pay. So I looked through knitty, found this and decided to knit it with some dark pink that I inherited. Well...as I am knitting the edge, discovered that is itchy. So at 11 or so Saturday night, I started it with some Bernat Satin in "Silk", a nice cream colour...bonus to it being in acrylic is that it's totally machine washable...which is super for me because I have never successfully kept my very light colours clean for long. Well, I have the left front panel done, I am about halfway through the right front panel...I figure it's going to get tedious as I knit the back which does not decrease as I go. Pray for me to complete it before I leave Friday night. AND pray that it fits!
On another note,the love of my life has taught our daughter that it is really funny to pull down the waistband of my pants while I am at the computer. She is currently laughing her butt off while trying to peek at my bottom. Phil, of course, is laughing and encouraging her. Sigh.
Tuesday, May 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Apparently a mixture of sugar and borax is a good ant killer (and less toxic to humans).
I second that. It worked for me when I worked at Halifax North and had a HUGE ant problem. And I mean huge--they marched non-stop across my DESK! I bought the commerical formula, but if you read the ingredients it's just sugar and borax.
Sugar and borax, I will remember that. We had a TON of ants last year. Hate them.
I may have to stick with the little ant traps though, I can just see Sophie licking up the sugar/borax mixture (she loves sugar AND anything soap-like - bad combo).
Post a Comment