Monday, December 07, 2009

I've been knitting....

But I cannot show you any of it. Not until after Christmas anyway. I can give you the numbers though...out of the 8 things I had planned to knit, 4 are done and 1 has been abandonned (well, I finished it but widely misjudged the size and it fits my 4 year old instead of the intended adult-sized recipient. If I have time to do it again, I will. But otherwise I'm not doing it). I am also half way done the knitting on two other projects, leaving just one to be cast on. I would suggest that those numbers say I'm ahead of the game this year, however that would be tempting the knitting fates I would never ever do that. So I'll leave it at "Progress has been made and will continue to be made as we approach Christmas."

What I can show you is the events of last Thursday.

We had our Christmas party!

We started the tradition last year and opted to step up the fun this year.

Once again we made use of my connection to Chef Live! (seriously, if you have an event you should check him out. Amazing food!) who made us a buffet of chilli roasted chicken wings with a thai peanut charred lime sauce, carmelized onion and asigo tartlets (mmmmmm), Bacon wrapped scallops roasted with brown sugar and other yummy goodies.

I meant to take a pic before we got into the food, but hunger overcame me and I forgot. However, you can see how good it all looks here

Just thinking of it all is making me hungry...

Last year we did a secret sock yarn swap where everyone brought a wrapped skein of sock yarn and we played a game to determine who got to go with what. We did that again, but we decided to do a Magic Yarn Ball version. We would take the sock yarn and wrap goodies into it, starting with a Christmas ornament. Then wrap that in festive wrapping.

The table just before we started the game:

If you look in the middle there you'll see a picture of one of our members on a popsicle stick. She had been hoping to be there, but got called away for school and missed out...so I made a Jenn-on-a-Stick and sent her pics via twitter all evening. It was fun!

One of our members very very recently had a baby, and she was good enough to bring the noob out to play

Doesn't she look great for being a new mommy? That wee girl in her arms is only a week and a half old!

This is what I found in my brightly wrapped parcel


The yarn is Zauberball (in the colourway that I wanted too!) martini stitch markers, blue glass beads, hot chocolate, berry scented epsom salts, and my ornament is a little snowman that lights up. Thanks again Julie for putting together and awesome yarn ball!


All in all we had a fantastic time, and I'm looking forward to next year and what that might bring. Thanks to Kathy for opening up her house, thanks to Richard (aka Chef Live!) for the feast, and thanks to my amazing knitters!!!

3 comments:

dontcareravelry said...

So...we're doing it all again for Valentine's Day right?

KnittyBitch said...

Everything there looks fabu...however it is past christmas, so there should be a bevy of pictures up....where are they??

Scrappytbear said...

apologies ;)
http://scrappytbear-runs.blogspot.com
Tagged ya! I know, I only read ya ;)