Friday, December 12, 2008

Friends, food and yarn!

I don't think it gets any better than that!

Last night the Dartmouth Knitters and Brave Travellers group (my Thursday night knit group. Not to be confused with KOL, my Tuesday night knit group, although there is some overlap) had it's Christmas Party. Hopefully it will be an annual thing, because man that was fun!

The idea was simple enough, one thursday before Christmas we'd do a secret yarn swap of some sort. We decided on socks, since sock yarn is full of awesome. Instead of a secret santa type deal, we'd each just bring the yarn wrapped up and play a baby shower game with cards to determine who ends up with what package. Everyone went home with new yarn, and no one got stabby when the package they coveted went to another knitter.

Originally we thought we'd potluck it, then I had the idea of asking my cousin Richard, who is the amazing talent behind ChefLIVE!. And my oh my, did Chef Richard hook us up with some awesome food. I'm still mmmm-ing about the bacon and carmelized onion french custard tartlets...and the phyllo with spinich, feta and garlic...oh and the meatballs with pineapple, and the curry chicken skewers with peanut sauce....dammit, now I'm hungry.

And desserts, mini eclairs and little cheesecakes....and Melly was good enough to make cookies, someone (Shanna?) brought chocolates, there was nog....

Oh yes, a very good way to celebrate Christmas!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, what a pretty photo ;)

-Melly

dontcareravelry said...

How about a new year's one? or St. Patrick's Day? (I like green!) or any other thing you can think of.

That was a great night.

cksknitter said...

Decadent food and beautiful yarn. My dream party!

Steph VW said...

I must be STUPID to not join you guys on Thursday nights!

Miss Me said...

SO jealous... yummy yarn, yummy food and good conversation - what a great way to celebrate the season!