Umm...Hi.
It's been a while. 6 months actually. So much for the promise in my last post that I'd post more, lol. Be assured, I make no such promises now.
I have been thinking a lot about the blog lately, I miss it as an outlet, but between Facebook (which I have issues with), Ravelry and twitter I've pretty much said everything I want to say and that leaves little for the blog. But those have their limitations...facebook is creepy with it's weird privacy things, I'm no longer comfortable expressing myself there...not everyone is on Ravelry...and twitter is limited in 2 ways, 1st by its 140 character limit and 2nd my tweets are locked and I use it almost as a chat place for friends and not always stuff I'd share with all and sundry.
So that leaves the blog as a place where I can share, know that what I share here is shared with all and not get weird ads that are half-related to what I'm saying, I can be as verbose as I please, and those of you not on Rav or facebook or twitter can see what I'm up to.
There have been massive changes around here, so much that I don't think I can do it all in one post. We moved at Christmas time into a house, we decided to pull Cam out of public school and start a home schooling journey, I started working as a Pampered Chef consultant, and many other ups and down along the way.
Change is good. Challenging, but good.
I've been knitting like a fiend, lots of projects piled up. The move meant I got a dedicated craft room, so all of my yarn is in one place, and I was sort of alarmed when I saw the stash in its full glory. I have a lot of skeins of hand-painted sock yarns. A lot:
And I've bought more since that photo was taken. So I'm on a shawl kick, simple elegant shawls that aren't too patterned in order to show off the yarn's glory. If you check out the side bar there is a flickr badge that displays my finished objects, and you can see the recent ones on there. I'm still knitting socks like I'm scared there's going to be a global shortage, but I need to whittle down this sock yarn stash and shawls are a great way to eat up the yarn.
I've also been spinning more since the move, more room to use the wheel and having my stuff acessible has helped. When moving into my craft room I was hit with the full extent of my fibre stash, and I was alarmed. Again, I've bought more since then, but have made a dedicated effort to getting that under control. A large part of it is undyed superwash merino....rememebr way back when I went to Pacafiesta? And I enabled a couple of friends right into buying bags of stuff? Well, that worked out really well for me, since once the fibre fumes wore off they both realized they weren't spinners and had no interest in becoming spinners and their bags made their way to my house. Roughly 7-8lbs of the stuff in total. But now I have two wheels...I have Charlotte, the wheel I bought from a friend a couple years ago, and my parents bought me Ashley, an Ashford Traditional that needs a bit of tlc and should be up and running soon.
I've also taken up belly dancing. I love it. It's chocolate for the soul. I've been recommending it to everyone as just a feel-good activity.
Ok, I think we're caught up. I can't say for sure that I'll be posting more regularly, but I hope to be. I have a lot of knitting to show you.
2 comments:
Welcome back! Even though I follow you via twitter, facebook and ravelry I still love reading your blog posts. So many changes - you are wonder woman! Looking forward to see what you do next.
Belly dancing....I like it! Ans if it is indeed chocolate for the soul, then I suppose I need to look into classes myself.
I love the cabinet that the stash gets to live in. It is elegant and fitting for such beauty.
Another spinner...sigh. I will admire from afar, as I have no desire to learn this skill but love the works that you all can produce....
Welcome back to the bloggy world!
Post a Comment