Wednesday, August 26, 2009

So, remember that time I made a pregnant woman cry?

At her baby shower?

Well, she finished her socks ages ago, so I finallly got around to finishing my socks and now we're the ultimate in cool kids by having matchy matchy socks

Ann's feet: Permenant Mistake, YarnPirate's superwash merino base. My feet: Permenant Mistake, YarnPirate's bamboo/merino base.

We did discover that Ann and I will never share shoes

Because I have little girl feet, apparently.

In other news, a while back another friend of mine gave me a gift certificate to Tangled Skeins as a thank you for taking care of her sweet little girl (My friend is not a knitter, but she gets that I love it, and for that I adore her...I've never once gotten a single bit of grief from her about it). I was planning on hoarding it for a sale, or until my birthday, or...well you get idea.

The last couple of weeks have been difficult, seems like every time I turn around something else happens that is upsetting and hard to deal with.

And then I heard that TS was carrying the Crazy Zauberball which have the beautiful colours of the Noro sock yarn without feeling like a scouring pad (sorry to those who love the Noro...I adore the look, but I cannot touch it). In fact this stuff is very very soft indeed. Initially I was drawn to this bold ball of reds and oranges, then this delicious ball in shades of blue....this I saw this one

And it spoke my name so I took it home. In fact, I love it so much it's been carried around with me so I can have it near me.

Cherie, I'm not sure if you read this...but thank you.

3 comments:

Ann said...

So... when are we gonna get around to doing something borderline illegal?

Steph VW said...

lurve, lurve, lurve the socks.

Alison said...

Dang. I think that's the same yarn I bought on my dog walk with Berkeley. Yes, we stopped by the yarn store. Can we be matchy matchy as well?