So instead of going to Sock Summit....
We went on a pirate ship!
Liana's Ransom is run by a company called Passage Privateers, and crew are dressed in pirate garb and generally make it a fun experience with firing of cannons and swinging from ropes. We got to go aboard with Phil's co-workers for a celebration (one of his co-worker's has a newly engaged son!). The kids had a blast.
And when some of the guests got to try the swinging rope...
We had to pull Gabriel off the side as he declared "My turn!" and tried to climb up onto the side!!!
Thursday saw me answering the phone at 6am...my friend Cherie's labour had really gotten going and she needed me to take care of her daughter while she faced rush hour traffic on her way to hospital. I was delighted to, not only because I was excited for the new baby, but her wee girl is an absolute delight to have around. Cherie got through traffic in the nick of time...barely getting into a labour and delivery room when the wee babe arrived!
It's a girl and she's gorgeous!
Friday was a very exciting day as Sidney Crosby was bringing home the Stanley Cup! We parked at my Nan's, hung out for a bit then headed down to the parade route
The crowd was madness! MADNESS!
While we waited Gabriel entertained us by shouting his word for "truck" at the top of his lungs (hint: replace "tr" with an "f" sound)
After his grandmothers, Julian from the Trailer Park Boys, Q104 personalities, two truckloads of Timbits hockey players and teammate Maxime Talbot drove by....we finally got to see Crosby and the cup
He waved directly to me, so for my next pic I whipped out my sock in progress...lol!
Unfortunately when he saw it he looked at me oddly, then turned his head away to wave at people who were not holding up half-knit items in his direction.
After a nice supper, Grace and I took off to spend some one on one time at the movies...catching a showing of Ice Age 3-D: Dawn of the Dinosaurs. Which was very good...especially since it's the 3rd in the series (I've liked them all, but was hesitant about this one when I first heard of it). Plus the 3-D aspect was really really cool....that technology has come leaps and bounds!
Saturday I woke up feeling like I'd been hit in the face with a 2x4, so decided it was a great day to catch up on laundry and otherwise not move a whole lot. The kids were in agreement and we watched movie after movie while I moved clothes through the cycles of wash and dry.
Today dawned and I got a call from my mom, inviting us to enjoy the pool of friends of theirs. We had a blast swimming and playing on the trampoline. Afterward it was out to mom and dad's for dinner (mmmmm...steak! And leftover ice cream cake!), and while the kids blew bubbles and threw the ball for the Dog of Endless Energy, I kicked back in the hammock
Not a bad couple of days, frankly.
2 comments:
Sounds like a great few days to me! :)
What a great couple of days.
So great, in fact, that I believe they could lead to a "No-Fun Monday" hangover. Take two UFOs to a quiet place and call me in the morning.
:0P
Post a Comment