Plus sitting at the wheel for a long while leads to stiffness in my back, and since Phil smashed into my heel with the shopping cart my tendons tend to get tight and sore if I pedal too long.
So it's not all that surprising this took so long to spin up.

4oz of corriedale in Twilight colourway, from Woolen Mills St Yarns
The braid was actually 3 different lengths of roving in each colour, so my plan was to spin each colour and then ply the three together. Easy enough, yes?
Several weeks ago I did up the red. And ended up setting it aside for about two weeks. Then I managed to get the white done. Finally, on Wednesday, I decided to try and spin while the kids were up and watching a movie, since clearly this waiting until bedtime thing was not working.
And then remembered why I generally don't do it this way
Once I finally got the small boy away so I could set up (he's really good about staying back once I get going, it's getting going that's a problem, lol!) I got the black spun up and then set up for plying.
Discovered that 3 ply takes a bit more co-ordination than I initially thought. And discovered I will need a larger lazy kate if I'm going to do it again. The one on my wheel only holds 2 bobbins so my third was jumping around and at one point rolled under the couch. I sense a project for Phil coming on...
I am pleased as punch with the end result though
I got about 172 yards at about a little heavier than sport weight. I'm thinking some sort of neck warmer/protector is going to be made with this, since it is a colourway based on a series of vampire books. Even if those vampires are full of angst and sparkle.
2 comments:
I think Gabriel is part cat. They can't resist the whirling yarn on a spindle or on a swift!
We're working on getting you on to True Blood. Nothing like a little HBO style vampire show with an over 18 advisory.
Post a Comment