Thursday, July 16, 2009

WIPing the lace into shape

I seem to have contracted Finish-it-up-itis. A Lace strain. I'm so riding this wave until all my lace is done. I hope I don't wake up tomorrow cured!

After finishing Mom's scarf, I picked Tesla back up and got that done


I used sea silk I bought at Have A Yarn and used pretty little clear beads for the bling on the end :) I thought about modifying it to have bling on the cast off edge but didn't have enough beads to make it work so I skipped it.


Once that was off the needles I picked up my lacy red linen scarf. LRLS and I loved one another once upon a time, to the point where I knit it so much I hurt myself. Over the last 2 years we couldn't seem to get back into rhythm. Until the other day...

And now it's done too


Next to pick back up is my Mystic Waters shawl but since that has so many charts it's not exactly a portable project. But that's 4 projects off my WIP list, leaving me with 8 remaining...well 6 really since I've decided to pull the Sunshine sock off the needles (just wasn't loving the pattern enough to use the Disagreen colourway for it) and that there is definitely not enough of the blue and pink yarn for Grace's second sock.

I'm working through that list. And resisting the urge to cast on something new...

2 comments:

Cate said...

OMG! It's done! You finally finished it! Very cool. Looks good on you too!

hehe... my word verification is foromp. Sounds kinda like something one would say in celebration. Seems rather appropriate :).

Ursula said...

WOW! Nice work on all the lace ... tedious unless you're in a rhythm. Right on! Beautiful work!