On the left is Pretty Pirate roving, which I tried to get the last time she put it up, but let me tell you, it was worth the wait! So yummy! The other one is called Alice, and I was torn between the roving and the yarn in the same colourway. I'm glad I went with the roving, since I do have an awful lot of sock yarn.
Georgia also included a little present as a thank you for promoting her and enabling others right into booty club subscriptions and shop update scores. She didn't have to do that, but it was so appreciated and basically guaranteed that I'm a customer for life. Plus the card said "Thanks for pimpin my booty!" ROFL!!
I'm very eager to get to the wheel to spin this up, but it's going to have to wait...Saturday afternoon the family was heading into the madness that is WalMart on the weekend, and for some reason my husband decided to "try and catch up" to me. I was right in front of him and he smashed the cart into my heel. Bad enough to cause some pretty bad swelling and now 3-4 days later it still hurts like a mother and bad enough that yesterday I saw a doctor and got x-rays done. They don't think it's broken, but it looks like my Achilles tendon was damaged (hence the weird lump that I can't get into my shoes with, thank goodness it's warm enough to wear flip flops). It hurts a bit to drive (especially braking) so spinning it right out. Why couldn't he have hit the left foot?
As a bonus, I've been totally excused from much of the household duties and gotten lots of sitting and knitting time in. Doctor says "stay off it", so I shall!
Knitting wise, these are the things (that I can show anyway) that have recently come off the needles.
My friend Charlene's little man recently celebrated his very first birthday so to commemorate that I made him a Boo the Bat
I absolutely love this pattern! It's a very quick knit, with minimal seaming, and it's so darn cute I want to knit dozens of them. The recipient loved it, which is what matters (he also enjoyed the bag and the card, but we won't dwell on that, lol).
Charlene presented my small boy with his birthday present at the same time, and it's awesome. She gave him a safari hat and a small first aid kit with crayon band-aids and feel-better stickers...and his own stash!
I talked in this post about my budding fibre artist and his appreciation for yarn (he loves it when I have to go stash diving, pulling out skeins that catch his eye and sniffing them, lol), so he was excited to have his own yarn. He's mostly been playing with the small ball of angora, but the others get taken out to be snuggled too. He loves it, thanks Charlene!
The other thing that came off my needles this week were these:
Kai-Mei, from Sock Innovation by Cookie A. This pattern was awesome to knit up...the ribbing on the leg was a bit boring, but looks really good with the way the foot goes. The foot of each sock just flew off the needles, the 8 row repeat of lace was very entertaining. I'm very pleased.
The yarn is Dream In Color Smooshy, "Petal Showers" is the colourway. Smooshy is really great to work with, I would love to get my hands on some more. This skein I bought on my Toronto trip, and I've been avoiding online shops that carry it because I know I'll have a falling down if I seek it out, lol!
I did this along with the Sock Innovation Knit-Along group on ravelry, and the pattern looks good in a wide variety of yarns. I'm really enjoying the knit along group, each month we have the option of knitting a pattern from the book or one of Cookie A's other patterns. There is a vote for which pattern it will be, and there are random prizes for those who finish. I'm actually on the list as a sponsor, as I have promised one of the bags that I make for my etsy as a prize.
Which reminds me, I need to get some more elastic cord so I can finish up the bags I just made and get them listed. Watch for a shameless self-promotion post in the very near future!
1 comment:
my boys' have the same safari hat! it must be at least 6 years old by now, but they still play with it.
love the kai-mei socks. i just finished a pair of "sunshine" socks. cookie's patterns are so much fun to knit.
Post a Comment