Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Happiest time of the month :)

Is when my club packages arrive!

For whatever reason the mail delivery for yarn clubs is ridiculously slow. They are usually shipped around the 15th of each month, and get to me the first week of the next month. It's torture, since all I can see in the rav groups for those clubs is Spoiler threads and while it is desperately tempting to peek, I know I will enjoy the surprise much more when I open the parcel.

Just in case though that you're waiting on these parcels and have not received them, Caution: Spoiler Alert. I'm not too worried though, 'cause I'm pretty sure I'm the last person in the clubs to get my packages.

That all said, here is my newest shipment from the Seven Deadly S(p)ins Club:


This month's shipment is "Greed". The colourway is called Precious Metals, and it's in my favourite base yarn from Unique Sheep, Tinsel Toes! I can't say enough good things about this base yarn, it's soft, pretty as all get out, and wears like iron. My Dove socks, done in the Doctors Without Borders colourway, still look new despite all the wash and wear. Awesome yarn. The project is a little clutch purse, beaded. Clear beads are included, as well as silk to line the bag with. Also included were chocolate coins, a cute little money stitch marker and a money magnetic bookmark (as cool as that is though, I must admit I think Canadian money is prettier than American money). While I'm not crazy about the idea of doing the bag in this particular colour, I have almost a full skein of merino/silk leftover from my clapotis that I think would look better. I'm thinking this yarn needs to be a pair of socks with a coin stitch pattern.

The fact that this one is all about money made me laugh, because I scored this one for free! After the last shipment the club held a contest looking for picture representations of one of the seven deadly sins. I had intended to enter, had several ideas, but procrastinated and didn't get it done. But part two of the contest was to caption the photo, and I won that :) (Photo here. My winning entry here).

To date we've had Pride (a stunning gradiated shawl, which I didn't blog for some reason), Sloth (a hat) Wrath (which was "spun" into Peace, with a nice washcloth & soapsack pattern, plus homemade soap and bath stuff), and the first package was Gluttony (those gorgeous multi-coloured socks). Which leaves Lust and Envy to come. I cannot wait to see what they have in store for us there!

Now that I've already secured my spot(lol!), I'm going to promote the next club that Unique Sheep is doing...it's called The Six Kingdoms club, and it's based on the 6 kingdoms of life. It's looks really interesting and I couldn't pass it up. I've signed up through Eat.Sleep.Knit, since my retailer for this club, Woolgirl is not participating. She's not doing it because she's doing those really cool kits (my Wicked Witch of the West kit, and my Sanrio and Friends kit was from her) and she's got her own sock clubs plus her newest which is called Embrace the Lace(pdf) and I gotta say I am so tempted!!!

Today my November Booty Club shipment finally made it's way to my mailbox. Every time I get a new one I think "ooh, this one is my favourite!" but seriously, this time I think this one really and truly is my favourite!

It's called Herron and it's in that merino/tencel base I'm so fond of. Loves me some booty club, and pretty much everything else Yarn Pirate does. Seriously, not one colourway I don't like. Maybe some are more favourite than others, but none that I can say "No I would never ever add that to my stash." I've said this before, but it bears repeating: Georgia, you are a true artist!

Alrighty, that's enough blogging for one day. Off to get some actual knitting done.

2 comments:

Stephanie N said...

Aw, fun!
Too bad they're so expensive-I'm sure it's totally worth it, but I don't have that kind of money :P

Anonymous said...

I am glad your two years in university are still paying off, great submission! Mom