Saturday, February 23, 2008

I had a little accident.

At the yarn shop. I fell down and my debit card slipped into the machine. When I got back up I had two skeins of Hacho (Mirasol)

Two balls of Rowan (for socks...this colour makes me happy)

And a bottle of Soak wool wash, in a yummy citrus scent. I washed all my socks in it this afternoon and they smell so good!

I'm still not sure what happened...but my accident was not nearly as bad as someone else's. Not naming names, but she's got some really pretty Noro Cash Iroha.

The other day I did another dyeing experiment, this time with two different colours (not shades of the same like last time). This time I used Knit Picks Peruvian Highland Bare, fingering weight. I dyed one skein for my recipient in the Scavenger Hunt swap, but I can't show it in case she reads this and it's a dead giveaway that it's for her (secret swap). I love it though, and will use those colours again. I also used some blue (yep, I found actual blue kool-aid) and a red, and came up with this:

I love it, and it kind of reminds me of Superman, but I'm calling it "Supergirl" cause it's kind of on the pinky side of red. This, and the other skein, has made me want to do up more in Superhero colours, starting with a black and yellow for my favourite bat. I'm thinking of buying the dye sampler pack from Knit Picks to play with. I highly doubt I'll do anything more than play around though.

In other news, Elizabeth tagged me in the 7 random meme, so here's another 7 things you did not know about me (I get tagged in that anymore, and I'll have no secrets at all...maybe I'll start making things up. You won't know).

1) As a kid I used to believe that the church downtown was Cinderella's castle. As an adult, I am utterly delighted that Grace calls it a castle everytime we see it (and no I did not tell her it was).

2) I love my handknit socks, but I still cannot wear socks in my house. As soon as I get home (or if I have company...as soon as they leave)my socks come off my feet very quickly.

3) No matter how tired I am, I still can't seem to settle to sleep until after midnight.

4) I am really worried that I am repeating stuff here.

5) I generally don't care for knitting the same pattern more than once. I don't exactly suffer from second sock syndrome, it does not go that far. But even if I really love the pattern, I might plan to do it again, but never do...or if I knit it again I don't love it as much. This is why my aunt has not gotten an Odessa hat yet, the beads are strung, but it would be #4 and I can't seem to do it...

6) I love turning the music up really loud in the van and singing along, and I don't give a crap if the other drivers think I'm crazy.

7) This past week I have been incredibly cranky. Which is why I have not blogged as much this week as I usually do. It's better today (good friends and yarn make a very nice pick-me-up) but the last bit of cranky is hanging on. I think I just need a really really good sleep.

OK...7 people to tag (then they have to tag 7, those are the rules): Devin, Michelle, Deb B., Steph, Janice, Alison, and Cate. You're it. No tag-backs.

Finally I leave you with this:

Grace, like many other girlies, loves lipstick. She got some for Christmas from Santa (really it's Princess Lipbalm, but whatever).


I think she needs to work on her technique

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tragic tragic accident.. I do hope you recover with knitting soon ;-)

Anonymous said...

I wish I could see and touch that yarn you dyed! I love it! And Grace is adorable as usual. Too funny. I remember putting on my mum's eyeshadow, which she wore only to go out somewhere special. I hadn't noticed that most people use it on their eyelids and using Grace's technique, smeared it under my eyes. Talk about tired looking! Hope you don't have too many accidents, just enough to keep you happy, but not enough to have no money left for food! :O) Have a better less cranky week this week friend! samm

kasiaiscarly said...

ooh! i can't wait to see your spoilee get her package and see the custom dyed yarn! what an awesome package adder!!

Anonymous said...

yeah, I get not wanting to do the same pattern twice. It gets a little boring.

Holly said...

Your dye job came out so well. Love the colors. I hate when accidents like that happen. Look how cute grace is . Love her lipstick.

Anonymous said...

I just hate it when tragic accidents like that happen, but at least you got some good stuff out of the fall.