In the interest of being completely honest, I was not all that familiar with his music. Sure I knew a couple of songs, but my teen years were spent soaking up rap scene (you know, before it became all about smackin 'hos and poppin caps up in asses, when it was good), and while I could headbang with the rest of them when metal songs got infrequent airtime at our high school dances, metal was not in my tape collection.
No, I became familiar with Ozzy by watching that crazy reality TV show he was on with the rest of his nut family ("Sharon, I'm the f-ing Prince of Darkness...").
What suprised me at the concert was how much I thoroughly enjoyed the music. Not that I thought I would not enjoy it, but I was suprised at the degree to which I enjoyed it, does that make sense? That man can still sing, can still put on a really good show. He was hilarious (those of you going tonight...there is foam, that's all I'm saying). He showed us a more tender side when he brought Sharon out and sang to her, all the while holding her close and kissing her.
More than anything else, what came through is that he truly enjoyed every moment of being on stage.
(my sil has an awesome video of him, and the crowd singing "Mama I'm coming home", it was my fav moment of the concert. When I get the copies of the pics and the vids I'll try to load the vid here. It probably won't happen since, uh, I have not been able to figure out how to load video yet)

I thought about bringing my sock-in-progress, you know, to get some cool pics, but didn't because I was pretty sure that security would not have let me in with pointy metal sticks.
My only complaints about the show have to do with the fact clearly, I'm not nearly as young as I used to be.
For instance...I had to wear ear plugs at one point. I've NEVER worn ear plugs at a concert before. Another time, I had to sit down, because my knee was bothering me (who sits at a rock concert? Just the old people, that's who). When the guys in front of me lit up a joint I thought "Ah geez, this I need." and when they lit up a couple cigarettes I thought "You've got to be kidding me! I did not pay $X to stand here and be choked by smoke!" When they lit cigarettes the second time I GOT DIZZY. When the camera started to pan the crowd and showed off the chicks who were exposing their breasts, I felt sad for my gender (and the irony stuck me as well, because those same guys who were nudging one another and saying "look, tits!" would most likely have been all "oh gross! Put those away that's indecent!" if they saw me breastfeeding. Sigh).
Yesterday, I spent most of the day feeling like I was nursing a hangover. My head still hurts today.
Clearly, I am too old for this shit. Which is sad because it seems that Ozzy himself, at the ripe old age of 107, is not.
7 comments:
Ozzy huh? The only time I watched that show (since I have never had cable) was when I was in Europe- we watched it, becuase it was the only thing on, other than the BBC, that was in English. I found it amusing, but was never drawn in.
About feeling old. I can totally relate- I would love to go see my co-worker preform (he's in a band)- but when they don't go on stage till 11pm- that's too late for me.
Oh, and the smoking thing would piss me off! And, guiltily raises her hand, I too loved rap music in my youth.
We had the smoker issue in Toronto too, it rather hacked me off, as the building is clearly non-smoking. Grrrr!
I was dizzy, but I suspect it was more from being the nose-bleed section.
Rob Zombie was kind of cool as an act, even if the sound stunk. ;)
Sounds like fun! We had a sort of similar issue when we saw Ozzfest at Irvine meadows. Lots of smoking, making me dizzy...and you know, I would have worn earplugs if we were down in the ampitheater itself, not up on the lawn, so don't consider yourself old for that!
I would have LOVED to of seen Ozzy in concert. I think he came to my hometown... just couldn't get out to see him. Jealous!
eh eh I love Ozzy! I've never seen a concert of him. I was going to two years ago. But they told us (and by they I mean the crazy old men that runs the world) he got sick, or broke a bone or something, so he can canceled and never came back... "I'm not the kind of person, You think I am!!!" Legend! :D
In Kusturica concert, that I attend last Friday, there were some dudes smoking. And all I've seen was the police coming inside and take them out! Its forbidden to smoke inside in Portugal since the 1st January, so the police has to be strict..
The buzz will go away in a bit ;) don't worry! That happens to anyone!
glad you enjoyed yourself...
it is neat to see how much he adores Sharon!
Old? You????? BAAAAAahahhahahahah!
that is funny! You keep young in a million ways babe.
I would have felt the same about the mammary exposure with regards to my fellow women... I mean really why? I mean I could say why not? but I know what you mean about the men looking... they are cool for the turn on but gross when nourishing? just shows how the men who have not yet evolved only think with their little head.
oooh Ozzy.. interesting.. starkly different experience to my concert at Hannah Montana... the scary mom's dressed as Hannah really freaked me out though, and I too considered the ear plugs a few times... because of the screaching 6 year old behind me... and the old geezer had to sit, so that the same 6 year old could see the stage ;-)
Post a Comment