Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Knitbits

Last night I headed out to KOL, and Henry was up to his usual antics.

Cate was working on Sheldon. The knitters noticed that without the shell, or legs...the turtle's body takes on a very interesting shape. Much giggling ensued (we're nothing if not mature and refined). Eventually Cate had to put the body away as, frankly, none of us would grow up.

Cate showed off the feet she had completed already and Henry noticed that the little tubes would be great mittens...


But I don't think he counted on how much fun Steph would have as "Puppet Master"

N'Sync references were made and we all had a good chuckle (ok, some of us may have laughed hysterically).

We had a brand new person join us. I have to give her kudos, she found the group online and was brave enough to come alone to a group a women all brandishing pointy sticks. She's quite nice and I hope she'll come again. We promised to look after her things and promised to not rifle through her purse while she went upstairs to get a tea....but Henry could not resist the lure of unknown, unattended yarn

Hopefully that doesn't scare her off...

In other knitting news I've made lots of progress on Tussie Mussie

I am loving this project. I'm going to have a very hard time letting it go.

I have also resigned myself to the fact that the Mystic Waters Shawl owns me

I can only knit it at night once the kids go to bed because it requires concentration and the chart being on the magnetic white board is very tempting to tiny hands. And I knit on it every night. It calls to me from the bedside, telling me to come and play. I do, because I must.

I have finished the sample socks for Unique Sheep. This is the Footprints yarn and it's so yummy! The colourway is from her Spirit collection.

I have packaged them and they are waiting to go to the post office this evening to head back to the shop. I miss them already. But I get to look forward to my reward yarn, and I have chosen Sushi Socks in Spiced Apple. I'm also ordering the Doctors Without Borders colourway, made famous by the Yarn Harlot in this post. Laura's been quite busy after that kind of promotion! (I double dare you to get over there and make her even busier!)

For the last, I give you my Yarn Santa. A friend of mine gave this to me for Christmas (belated, since our schedules conflicted and weather conspired against us getting together sooner) and it combines two of my most favourite things; Knitting and Christmas

Too cute! I cannot wait to display it next Christmas!

OK, I think I'm all caught up. Off to go check my hostess e-mail from the Cocoa Swap to see if there are any fires that need putting out.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like a good time with alot of knitting getting done. Cute Santa. I love the color of the socks.

Steph said...

Hee hee... I know it's silly, but making Henry dance cracked me up.

I love your Tussie Mussie - and I really hope, for your sake, that your mom HATES it. Heh heh.

Cate said...

Well, Sheldon's all done now, so unfortunately, Henry has lost his mittens. He shall no longer be a marionette.