1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I like a nice soft merino, silks are gorgeous too, so is alpaca. I dislike novelty yarns and crappy acrylics. Also, bulky wools tend to aggravate my eczema, so I tend to go with dk weights or lighter (lower?)
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
Hooo-boy. My storage is a freakin nightmare. You don't even wanna know!
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I've been knitting for two years now and I learned from some fellow mommies in my playgroup, and from Stitch n Bitch. I'd say I've reached intermediate, although I enjoy a challenge
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
No
5. What's your favorite scent?
Top of my baby's head. That probably does not help you much, lol! I like food scents like scents, like chocolate or vanilla, and fruity scents like peach. Nothing to artificial smelling
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
oh yeah! Big time chocolate fan (milk chocolate)
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I've recently been playing with sewing, I enjoy that. I'd love to learn to spin.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I have fairly varied tastes when it comes to music, I can pretty much enjoy everything. I do find myself drawn to female vocalists, like Alanis Morrisette.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
Love pinks, blues. Enjoy nice sage greens. Dislike pukey greens, really don't like orange.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I have a husband and 3 kids ages 8, 2 and 3 mos. I have a cat.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I occasionally wear a scarf, mittens, and I might try again with a hat. No poncho.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I like knitting socks, and lately I've been enjoying lacey shawls and scarves.
13. What are you knitting right now?
A clapotis, a sweater for my daughter and 3 different socks.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Yes
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I like working with circulars, I find it gives the project more portability. I prefer bamboo for most projects. I use dpns for my socks, my fav size is 2.5mm
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Both
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
Uh....that must be my daughter's sweater. About a month or so?
18. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas
19. Is there anything that you collect?
Diamonds. Haha! I like Willow tree ornaments
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Knit Picks dpns for socks. Bookwise...oh there are too many! Same with yarns! I don't have a magazine subscription, but I'd love an Interweave knits one.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I'd like to do more fancy cabling.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Oh yes! I'll get back to you on the measurements
23. When is your birthday?
September 28th. I'll be 29 (gasp!)
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?
lulubelle
Looking forward to this swap, should be fun!
Monday, August 06, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
you'll be 29!!!??? hah! baby!!! although you don't look it... (29ish that is - not the baby thing...) i'm almost old enough to be your mother without breaking any laws!
Post a Comment