


Ok, so pinning it to a white sheet and then expecting it to show up in pics was probably not my best move, but there is a finished shawl currently drying on Cam's top bunk.
Yarn: Euroflax Paris, wet spun linen. In, uh, White. Needles: 4.25mm. At least 5 extra repeats, and I started to count sts before I cast off and made myself stop. Some things you don't want to know.
This time around, this pattern really kicked my arse. There are quite a few "design features", but looking at it while it's blocking you have to know where they are to really see them. Of course, as Charlene pointed out, if I had stopped trying to knit it all night long I would have fewer errors. She does not know what she's talking about. Sleep is for the weak. I'm a Knitter.
Anyhoo..Cate, she's all yours.
Now that I have a bit of "lookit me I accomplished something" high, I am going to attempt again to knit some socks. All three pairs I had on the go were frogged in one 24 hour period, including Cam's tiger socks which were knit to the toe-grafting point when I realized they are too tight on his foot. Sigh. Alison is lending me her addi turbos so I can try them on 2 circs to see if I like it before I invest in some of my own. (BTW, if you are looking for addis...check out ebay. Way cheaper).
Regarding the swap, I brought some good stuff to de-stash, and I think I made out fairly well

For those of you who did not make it, this is what it looked like:
Knitters waiting oh so politely for yarn to be shown off

The pile we all managed to not roll around in naked (good self-control ladies, well done)

Alison has a very funny one-act play written about how things went. We were very nice knitters.
And last, I got new glasses. I was so sick of my old ones
They are perfect for scolding

I leave you with this: I recommend that you all head down to the Shubie Canal for a stroll and maybe you'll meet Richard, who carries birdseed and knows all the chipmunks
This is Phil feeding "Mrs Pumpkinhead". Apparently she is 3 years old

And here I am doing my disney princess impression

(Twisted woman that I am, I wondered momentarily if I hit a real high note, would the wee bird explode, a la Princess Fiona?)
Grace watched in fascination as chickadees and a nuthatch took turns landing and taking seeds from my hand, each time exclaiming "Mommy! You caught one!"
Go on now, go enjoy nature:)
6 comments:
Excellent job, it looks so pretty.
I know what you mean by knitting all night. I get really obsessed when I know I’m closer to the end and with the excuse of one more row/round/repeat keep working forever.
Oh Boy, oh boy, oh boy! My shawl is ready! YAY! It's beautiful! I can't wait to wear it! I will love it forever!
I love the photo with the bird. LOVE IT! And I love Grace's reaction. That's awesome.
Very polite knitters, indeed.
You totally made me think of "HOw Clean is Your House" in that picture. And I don't even know if they wear glasses, it's just the sort of expression they always have in photos.
We were very well behaved knitters. Too well behaved, too nice. Sigh.
Oh Cate...you'd better.
It is hard to see the lace on the blanket, but upon close inspection, it is BEAUTIFUL! And you are a KNITTER, and a MOM, so didn't you give up sleep a long time ago?
Post a Comment