The very funny Universe strikes again.
Remember the high point of my shopping trip last week being the fantastic nursing bras at La Senza? Those cost me about $39.50 EACH. No worries, I've actually spent quite a bit more than that on a good bra.
This morning I'm chatting with a friend, who also has a nursling. She tells me "Oh hey, La Senza has nursing bras, they're great!"
Me: "Oh yeah I know. I bought two."
She says: "Yeah, and they were only $16.90!"
Me: "WHAT???"
She: "They were on sale."
She may have said more, but I sort of blacked out.
I came to and checked my e-mail before heading out for the day. Got an e-mail from La Senza: "Last Call for Biggest Sale Ever!"
So, I guess I don't have to tell you where I popped in today. While I couldn't do anything to get back what I spent, I did take advantage of the sale and get two more. Which filled my club card, so I have a free one coming my way. Which I'll save, for when they are back to full price. Take THAT La Senza!
I have a FO, btw. I finished a pirate hat for Cam. Then I promptly shrunk it too much in the felting process. So...now Grace has a pirate hat. So I bought more yarn to try again. We did the math. Making him a pirate hat has now become just a touch more expensive than buying him the g-d Jack Sparrow hat at the Disney Store.
But this one will be better than an ol store bought hat, right?
RIGHT???
Friday, July 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Of course it will! Homemade is always better! And now, Grace has one too... so she won't be stealing her brothers... fewer fights.
Well, really, if your math includes the hat for Grace, you've just managed to make TWO for just over the price of ONE overpriced Jack Sparrow hat. So, way to go Mrs Yes! (I know Steph likes to call you Mrs. Knit, but you'll always be Mrs. Yes to most of us!).
Been down to the Pirate's Landing at Alderney yet? Worth a trip for little ones--The Boy had a blast!
right! mom-made is always better. my guys didn't make it to pirate landing, but they raved about the pirate exhibit at the maritime museum of the atlantic. tuesday nights are free - phil could take them while you knit.
Post a Comment