Monday, July 16, 2007

Bone tired.

I am so wiped right now I have no clue how I am managing to stay upright let alone type a blog post. My apologies in advance if there are glaring typos and if my words simply drift off into unfinish....

Ha!

My son went off to board the Tall Ships with his aunt yesterday, and from all accounts had a fantastic time. Since Phil was off at work, and Gabriel decided that yesterday was a great day to simply sleep...Grace and I were left to ourselves. It was lovely having uninterrupted one on one with her; we read books, played with blocks and animals and snuggled up to watch some Diego (because around here, you can't get enough Diego). Later we met Daddy at the playground as he rode home from work , where together they tossed clover at the ducks (who were expecting something else I am sure).

Today I, by skipping my own breakfast, managed to get myself and the kiddies down to the waterfront to watch the Parade of Sail. We snagged a really sweet spot right by the water, or at least we thought so. The first ship cut the corner early, and the rest followed suit...meaning they were turning well before they got to us. According to the posted route, they were supposed to go right down in front of the Ferry terminal, but were turning before reaching the Peace Pavillon.

Thank goodness I spent $2 getting us all cardboard binoculars, otherwise we would not have seen much at all. And if nothing else the binoculars amused me as Grace kept trying to look through them without unfolding them saying "I see through my lell-lo" (hers were yellow).

I did get a few nice shots from where we were sitting, and through the magic of cropping was able to cut out the shirtless bald guy (why is it never the hotties who go shirtless?) who kept standing up just as I hit the shutter


Grace then lost interest and decided it would be more fun to pick a fight with Cameron over who got to hold the popcorn. Keep in mind that neither one of them was eating the popcorn, but Grace was insistent that she hold it, while Cam was equally certain that he be the one to keep it safe. I settled the argument by putting the popcorn away and suggesting that we board the ferry and ride across the harbour, thus putting ourselves at a better viewing angle.

It was good idea


For some reason though Grace spent the ferry ride over trying to shake her shadow off her feet

This is a new thing of hers, a couple times over the last week or so she's become suddenly upset with her shadow. Toddlers are weird.

Once over the harbour, we decided to turn right around and come back, since the other side was INSANE with people. As we went around the terminal, we ran into that guy from the commercial who's travelling around the waterfronts dressed as Captain Jack Sparrow (ok, he might not be calling himself Sparrow, since that might be copyright infringement, but come on, we all know who you're supposed to be)


You should have seen the women going crazy trying to get their photos taken. It was kind of funny actually, you would have thought it was Mr Depp himself under that hat. And he was eating it right up, totally into the role.

Sadly, that was also the last time we saw Gabriel's hat. It was on his head in the photo, but when we were on the ferry I realized it was missing. I can only guess that Grace must have knocked it off when she got down.

The trip back gave us great ship views too





But the highlight of the trip for the kids?

Playing on the bike rack while we waited for the bus


Kids.

I'm guessing Grace is feeling tired too, she just brought me the Shrek DVD and asked me "we watch it in your bed?".

I'd better get my kids fed and then get them ready for bed, we're all feeling worn out. I may actually try to get some knitting done tonight. I've not knit a stitch since Friday. Maybe that's why I'm so irritable?

Later gators.

2 comments:

Alison said...

Fun. I was happy with my climate controlled interior view of the tall ships. We could feel the windows shake when they fired their guns, that was good enough for me.

I blame Disney in general and Johnny Depp in particular for the current image of a pirate as a camp Keith Richards look-a-like. Real pirates weren't like that!

Miss Me said...

cool bike racks! i can see why they liked them.
hope that you're rested and ready for company - kvvs has nova scotia on its itinerary today!