Friday, June 29, 2007

Milestone Week

That's what it must be 'round here at Chez Yes (heehee, chez yes, *snort*).

My little brother had his prom Monday night. I trekked over to the Public Gardens to get pics of him in his finery. They arrived by double decker bus:


Side note: This prom totally kicked my prom's ass. They rode in the bus, to the Public Gardens for pictures, then to Pier 21 for dinner and the prom itself, then to the sportsplex for Safe Grad activities which included poker games, bouncy castle, rock climbing wall and a whole bunch of other activities. My prom?? The school gym was decorated in what was supposed to make it look like a garden (it didn't), safe grad was held at a beach. We had music, some food and a playground. It rained. Whoo.

Anyways....

This is Aaron and his date Jenn

Don't they look so cute!

(No, not his girlfriend. Since you need a chart to explain how Aaron ended up at the prom with his buddy's ex girlfriend instead of his own girlfriend, I won't get into it. In short, they are all really good friends and Aaron is a stand up guy.)

Then Wednesday I sat in the Sportsplex and did my best not to bawl my eyes out at Aaron and over 300 others walked across the stage and recieved their diplomas. Some of these kids got some seriously impressive scholarships, one guy got $80,000. Another girl got a sizeable bursary and her father was the one who got to present it to her...the man was nearly bursting out of his uniform with pride.

I was also pleased to see that Aaron's Diploma from Cole Harbour District High is identical to the one I got 11 years ago. Nice to see some things don't change.

Before the distribution of diplomas though, my brother and some of his pals got up and performed Green Day's "Time of Your Life", which is one of my favourite songs. I took video of it (I would love to post it, however I can't seem to get it from the camera to the computer. Boo.), and had to keep telling myself that I could neither wipe away my tears or sob out loud since I would screw up the video. I happened to glance out of the corner of my eye at my mom and saw tears streaming down her face too. At least I know where I get it from.

Oh, did I say "little" brother?


He's been quite a bit taller than me since he hit the double digits.

To celebrate we all went to Montana's and on Aaron's recommendation ordered up the all you eat ribs and proceeded to try and eat our respective weights in apple butter ribs. If you've not been, I urge you to go. The honey garlic and rickard's honey brown aren't bad either, but damn those apple butter ones were delish.

The milestone hit in our house Cameron passed through to Grade 3 with no less than 6 A's and 4 B's on his report card. That's my boy!

3 comments:

Alison said...

Yay Cameron! Yay Aaron!

jkleclerc said...

I am always jelous this time of year of everyone that gets to go prom and buy a pretty dress...

Anonymous said...

*wolf whistle* nice tux.

Great job Aaron.

Cam - you rock the report cards. Henry sends a high five.