Friday, June 22, 2007

Randoms

Hey all,

If you're a tourist on the Knitter's Virtual Vacation, sorry I'm in Nova Scotia which got missed on the Bingo game. But if you're from Italy or Ohio, speak up because I have those spots on my card and can't find those blogs on the list. Thanks!

Update on the wrist issue: I'm able to knit again. I purchased the theragloves from the Loop and they are awesome!

And they look good too:


A lot better than the brace I've been wearing;


When I took Gabriel to the dr for his well-baby check and needles :( I had the dr take a look at the wrist. She gave me the referral for physio...and then asked me "What were you knitting?" Her eyes lit up as I described the yarn, the lace pattern...my dr is a Knitter! Which explains why her advice was "get support and see what the physiotherapist says about positioning of your wrists when you knit" rather than "stop knitting." (Not that I would have listened to that advice!)

Saturday I did marathon shopping with my kids then went off to my sil's to celebrate my niece's sweet 16. On the last bus, I misplaced my phone. I felt physically ill. But, good friends to the rescue; a friend of ours is a driver for MT and happened to be about to work that route. Phil called and called my phone until that driver picked it up and asked him to pass it over to our pal. Later, Phil found the bus and got my phone back. N, if you are reading this, thanks again, you rock!

My niece is very funky, actually she's pretty cool and fun to hang out with, and her mom went all Martha Stewart and made this cake:

(no, that's not gum for the nose, it's a squished marshmallow banana candy)

It was really cool, but hard to cut because 1) It looked so cool and sil put in a lot of work and B) Well...it's a kitty. No one wants to cut a kitty. But we got through it and it tasted good too.

Wednesday I took off with the baby for an all-day errand tour, in which I bought my theragloves and somehow managed to not buy yarn, made it over to Wal-Mart to pick up many things including something I love but can't tell you about yet, then off to Mic Mac Mall. At Mic Mac I took advantage of the sale at the Disney Store to get the kids new coats and this for me:


I think I'm going to use it for knitting (shocking, I know). I didn't need it, but it was really on sale...on sale and then marked down again. Good deals to be had at the Disney store.

I also went to pick up shoes I had on hold at Payless. There was an incident involving the hold, and enough nonsense occured that I started to wonder if maybe I was on some sort of gags show. I won't get into it all, but I bring it up because the store's manager went way above and beyond to make it right and I feel I need to plug the store. Go buy shoes at Payless, ok?

These are the shoes I got:


I love the shoe on the right, they are super comfy and pair nicely with everything I own. The shoe on the left is a great sandal, with "sneaker-like" support.

I'm sorry Grace,

Am I boring you? I'll wrap it up now.

Since she rarely gets blog time, here is Molly:

Molly says "About damn time I got featured here. But honestly, at the end of a post about your shopping experiences? I just might pee in those nice new shoes."

Uh...I'm off to make sure the closet door is well latched. Bye for now!

2 comments:

Jess said...

Wow- you've been busy. Glad to hear that you are able to knit again. :)

Lia said...

That Hello Kitty cake is the cutest! I'm glad to hear that you have been able to knit, and it is so cool that your dr is a knitter! She really understands what it is like, I am sure.