Monday, April 09, 2007

Too tired to come up with a witty title.

This has been a very long long weekend. There were fun parts, not so fun parts, and so on.

At the moment I am typing between bouts of contractions. Teasing, "practice" contractions. I swear, this baby had better make a move soon because I am getting real sick of being gi-normous,hurting and not sleeping.

I will take a quick moment to shout "What the heck is up with the snow???"

Where to begin....

Ah, Thursday. Thursday morning the Knitter Mommies came over and brought presents!! I was so suprised!



On the left from Charlene: a pineapple (I heard a theory about pineapple bringing on labour. I had pineapple in a smoothie the day my water broke with Grace. I've been eating some pineapple...so far nothing. I will continue to eat pineapple, once my mouth feels better from the pineapple-fest I indulged in), a bar of chocolate, some very nice organic soap, and a wet bag for diapers. On the right from Catherine: a big jar of the buttocks paste pharmacists make, a Lindt chocolate bunny and a hand-knit bib with the cutest little bunny button (Whoops, just remembered I have not e-mailed the close-up pic of the bib to Catherine. Will pause and do that now). Thanks ladies, everything is very appreciated and made me feel quite loved :)

Thursday afternoon I waddled down to Tangled Skeins before heading over to my dr's office for my weekly appointment (where my ob assured me the baby will come out soon, it won't be in there forever, and gave me my weekly boost by declaring "Look at YOU! YOU are GORGEOUS!"). While at TS I bought my project for the hospital bag. Yes, I am intending to do some knitting while in labour. Last time I brought a book, but people kept talking to me. I can talk and knit. I doubt I can push and knit, so I imagine that the bulk of the knitting will take place as I kill time between nursing the baby and people visiting.

Here's what I picked up:



The yarn is Opal, Dreamcatcher 1233. I also picked up a set of the Opal needles, in 2.5mm, they are a really nice sturdy feeling bamboo. I did the math, wrote out the "recipe" on a card and got the ribbing over with. The bag may look familiar, I believe Steph has one too, it's a lantern moon bag and fits a sock project beautifully. So that's packed away in my hospital bag, and I've entrusted Phil with the task of not letting me get to it before I go in. The yarn is so pretty I just want to knit it!!!

Friday we had a lazy sort of day, since Phil had just come off his second night shift and slept until 2:30pm. Poor guy looked awful when he arrived home at 7:30 am, and he crashed. I was pretty tired myself since I don't sleep well without him in the bed. I guess we both have to get used to that routine though, since once he starts nursing full time that will be his schedule.

Saturday we trucked over to the Dalplex Funzone to celebrate The Boy's birhtday. Grace discovered that she could climb all the way to the top of the play structure



My nerves were fairly frayed by the end of things, but the kids had a great time.

After we headed over to get haircuts. I won't be really vindictive and name the place, but I will not be taking the kids there again. Cam will be disappointed because they put coloured gel in his hair:



And while Grace looks pretty cute:



For the ridiculous amount of money it cost for her haircut I should not have had to even out her bangs 3 times since.

Then we went to the Halifax Shopping Centre to see the Easter Bunny:



And while I understand that they waited a bit for us so we could have a picture taken and that the photo was free...would it have killed the girl taking the photo to get my kids attention and say smile before snapping this pic? Grace was so excited to see the bunny, but I had just set her on the bunny's lap, neither kid was ready for the camera snap...they could have taken a nicer photo. Especially since my kids missed out on the chocolate, did not get colouring books or bunny ears during their visit (customer service gave us the books and stuff when we picked up the photo). Sigh. It's a bit frustrating. I understand that these people are probably not making oodles of money standing there taking pics of kids with the bunny, but do they realize that these are photos that people keep forever?

Maybe I'm just feeling cranky right now.

Saturday night Phil watched a very disappointing hockey game. He and my Dad talked at length about how badly the game was played on both sides, and then celebrated Sunday as the leafs were bumped out anyway. It's nice to see my husband and my father bonding.

Sunday morning came, and the Easter Bunny had positively littered our home with brightly coloured eggs filled with chocolate. Grace very quickly got the hang of hunting and was soon grabbing up eggs and squealing "I got a EGG!" and putting it into her Dora the Explorer bucket. The bunny left the kids lots of chocolate, a cadbury clucking bunny, and Grace received a Princess Dora and Cam found Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle action figure (Michelangelo, in case you were wondering). From us the kids got clothes and new sneakers, featured here:



Later we headed out to the Great Wall for a chinese food lunch with Phil's family, where the kids got more goodies from Grandma. I tried a few new things from the Dim Sum menu (off Phil's plate, I ordered my regular combo of sweet 'n sour chicken, honey garlic spare ribs, egg roll and chicken fried rice), and my sil's fiance ate squid tentacles. I was tempted to try a bite, until they told me it's really chewy. Pass, I am all about texture as well as flavour in my food. Phil went for it though, and enjoyed them.

From there we headed to my parent's place for a fantastic ham dinner. The kids got more goodies from Nana and Grampy. I ate until I thought I would explode. It was all kinds of good.

We got home at the kids bedtime, and I somehow managed to stay conscious during the Amazing Race (anyone else find Charla and Myrna supremely annoying? What is with Myrna's put-on accent when she talks to the local people??? I just want to smack her) and Desperate Housewives. Then I curled up with my husband and fell asleep very quickly. Ahh.

Oh yeah, and I finished the first Falling in Love sock. It looks lovely. I have not taken a pic of it yet, once I do I'll post it. I have not yet cast on the second sock, will start that tonight.

There, we're all caught up.

2 comments:

Megan said...

I've also heard that red wine helps induce labour. Though red wine and pineapple don't make a great combo.

BTW, the Habs are also golf course bound! The Leafs win on Saturday bumped them out of the playoffs! Let's both cheer for Vancouver now.

Megan said...

Oh, and Grace is the cutest little boo I ever saw.