Hi All!
This has been an incredibly long freakin weekend. I started having serious-feeling contractions Thursday, and after meeting with my OB she said that odds were good that I'd have the baby over the weekend. Since the title doesn't include a "It's A..." you know this did not happen. Sigh. She told me to make an appointment to see her Monday "in case you're still pregnant."
So this morning we go into her office and she checks me out, and says that things should be progressing since everything is in place, essentially part of me is being stubborn (I know you don't want to hear all the details, we'll leave it at "part of me"). After discussion, we decide that I am to go to the IWK 7th floor tomorrow morning have a gel applied to the stubborn part and that will get things into gear. I'll need to be observed for an hour to make sure it's working, then I will most likely be sent home to wait things out. Sounds good to me, we go home and I make arrangements for my mom to come over while Phil and I go to the hospital.
Phil goes to drop Cam off at school after lunch and a neighbour of ours asks if I've had the baby yet. He tells her the situation. She says "oh, I had that done with my second, she was born 2 hours later." Meanwhile I call my cousin who I know had the gel, and she tells me that about an hour after she left the hospital she was back in to have her baby. We've also heard a few other anecdotes like this.
So...there is a possibility I'll have the baby tomorrow. Guess I won't make it to knitting Tuesday night, lol!
Hey knitters...is it weird that I'm really excited to get to work on my "labour sock"? Or have I slipped into a much deeper pit of obsession here?
Phil and I took some belly pics on the weekend, I think they turned out nicely, stretch marks and all :D





10 comments:
EEEEEEEEEEEEEH!!!!! A new baby tomorrow? That would be wonderful! And to think - s/he could be born on a KOL night. Should we all come over and knit in the lobby of the hospital?
Baby!!! We're having a baby!!!! I agree KOL should be moved to the waiting room at the hospital.
Henry will be upset he missed it.
super cute pics! A new baby will be here very soon!
Good luck! Hope your vajayjay cooperates.
That's so exciting! Good luck Leslie and baby!
I think your hoo-ha needs a stern talkin to. Not by me. There's a gel?! Cool.
You look so so cute in those pictures.
Thinking good baby come out thoughts for you today...
Very cute pics
Supervioletwaves for you
I hope everything went well, and that the baby is here now. We're home now, so hopefully we'll see you soon!
Lesley,
Your baby is sooooooo cute!
Charlene
beautiful pictures!!! i wish that i'd thought to do that...
Post a Comment