Monday, January 22, 2007

Ack! The Cuteness!!


Today's "Daily Dose of Cuteness" from CuteOverload. Maybe not the colours I would have chosen to compliment the orangey fur, but still! Wee sweater on a wee kitty! And dig the ear holes! That is an OVERLOAD!!!!
(I hope I beat Meeg to this, lol!)
Shawl progress: by Saturday night was going along nicely, until I had a row that did not add up (about row 31 of the main pattern). I tinked, knit, still not working out. So I decided to just add the few sts I needed (yup, cheated). Next row, still not working out. I tried to rip back to the previous section, couldn't get it all picked up. Have a greater respect for lifelines. Started from scratch around 11pm Sat night, knit through the first part of the pattern (the 24 Upper Flower Basket part), picked it back up yesterday and when I finally set it down last night I had completed 50 rows of the main body (if I was doing it the regular size I'd be 2 pattern repeats away from the edging). Considered putting in a lifeline. Didn't. May end up paying for that.
I have also discovered that the deep chocolate brown looks lovely next to the deeper reds in the yarn, makes me think of chocolate covered cherries. So I have been thinking about those while I knit. I want some. NOW!!!!!
Well, I'm off to Mother Goose drop in at the library. Don't be jealous, it does not become you.

5 comments:

FrozenExtremities said...

I nearly died when I saw that. Simon is SO getting a sweater knit for him. I really can't wait to see your shawl, that yarn is positively stunning in the skein, it'll be a knock-out knit up.

Anonymous said...

The ear holes....I'm dying from the adorable-ness.

Sending good shawl-thoughts!

Unknown said...

Chocolate covered cherries? Mmmm. Sounds like a fine idea to me.

Can't wait to see the shawl - I'm sure that you'll be fine.

Steph said...

I usually found that it was the YOs that I messed up in the shawl. If I ended up with fewer stitches than I needed, I would tink the purl row and then check the last patterned row for missed YOs.

Bonne Chance!

Alison said...

I'm with Steph. It's always the YOs. That's where I mess up too.

Is it just me or are the word verification words getting longer?