I could barely believe that I was binding off as I was doing it. It was such an enjoyable project, I was surprised that I had finished it.
Here it is pre-blocking:

And here it is enjoying it's bath:

Being blocked on the top bunk of Cam's bed:

A close-up of the detail:

Sure I made some errors, and my bind off was a bit tighter than it ought to have been, but over all I am very pleased with the result

I also learned it really does not go with my pink mickey mouse tee shirt. I have a wedding to attend this weekend (we're escaping to Cape Breton without the children...am I a horrible parent to be really really looking forward to that? I just wanna hang out with my husband...) and I am considering all of my clothing and how they look with the shawl. I have not made up my mind yet what I'll wear, but I resisted the temptation to buy a whole new outfit to go with the shawl. That would be over-doing it, right?
Once it was set up to block, I actually had a moment of "So...what will I knit next?" Completely forgetting that I have a pile of Christmas knitting that has been ignored this week as I worked on my shawl. But all I can think about is how I want to go buy more silk or maybe the silk/camel blend and cast on a Branching Out. Sigh. It'll have to wait I guess. Hmmm...I wonder if the mister will buy me the yarn I need for that project for Christmas...
6 comments:
Holy crap that was fast!!! It looks wonderful!
That WAS fast!
I love that design - gorgeous!
Well, you know, buying an outfit to match an accessory is just the same as repainting your living room to match a piece of furniture, or your bedroom to match a new comforter, and nobody considers that over the top. So no, shopping for a new outfit would not be overdoing it. You could at least check Value Village!
It's BEEE-UUUUUUU-T-FUL!
And isn't knitting lace a blast? You're knitting holes half the time, so it always goes faster!
Great job lady. It's going to look beautiful no matter what you wear with it.
Love the shawl. Have fun at the wedding!
I think it looks lovely. Let me know when you're starting the Branching Out because my roommate and I are trying to figure out the pattern... to no avail.
Post a Comment