Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Finally get a working camera...

...and the first thing I do is take pics of Knitted Things!
Yes, Kodak sent us a brand-new camera to replace the broken one, so I guess whatever happened to it was covered by the warranty after all, yay!
So I finished the i-cord on the mittens I made Grace to match the flower hat. I also added ear flaps to the hat so she would not take it off, nor would it slide up off her noggin.
Be warned, she looks pretty darn cute in these pics:

Mitt close-up:

And a better peek at the hat:

Sadly it was the i-cord that took the longest in this project. I hate frickin i-cord, so darn tedious but very useful. My next task is adding to the i-cord on Grace's wooly pants, Phil's been complaining that he can't get them off of her. Then I'm going to work on her sweater...and start the freaking Christmas knitting I swore I was not going to do. I have plans for a top-down raglan sweater for Cam, with a wee matching one for his beloved Webkinz, plus my cousin asked for a flower hat for her little girl, and I have plans for something for my brothers which I can't mention because I am pretty sure they check this blog out occasionally. But they are going to like it! Sorry to disappoint...but NO ONE is getting a scarf. I don't like knitting scarves, I did two last year, three if you count the tiny one I did for my aunt's chihuahua (I'll get her to send me a pic if she has any)...and the one I knit for my sil didn't get finished until the end of January (I think). So no scarves. Christmas knitting sucks you in!!!!

4 comments:

Alison said...

She looks like a supermodel in the first photo. Very photogenic!

Anonymous said...

Hello Lesley,

Looks as though you have been busy!! I looked at both blogs - the wedding looks great, and I imagine being a mom must keep you occupied! It's good to hear that things are going well. Drop me an email.

Jess said...

Both Grace and her hat/mittens look adorable!

I'm also working on Christmas knitting that I swore last year I would not do- but only a hat and a half to go.

morgan said...

gah! so cute! my overies ache!