To begin, my husband got to travel to Montreal to see Metallica play at the Bell Centre. He had a great time, and was so close to the stage he could have been sweated on (ew). But during his weekend away he took some time out to wander around and find a shop called Ariadne and buy me some souvenir yarn
The pink stuff is O-Wool Balance, a merino and cotton blend. The orange is a sock yarn that is dyed by the owner of Ariadne, and was also the last of the stuff she had done herself. He also picked up a set of stitch markers made by a local artist. And how awesome is it that I have a husband willing to seek out a yarn shop in a strange city and choose yarn for me? I am very lucky!
Then I got these:
The pink case is for my knitting notions, and it's awesome. It has this zippered pocket on the top that is perfect for all those smaller loose items that would get in the way in my old bag whenever I tried to get out my scissors or darning needles...it is actually for the small travel sized shampoo bottles, but I think my use is better. The book is Cat Bhordi's new one, called "Personal Footprints" and it's sheer genius (not surprising...it's Cat!). The yarn is Schoppel-Wolle Zauberball and it was the craziest thing...I was admiring it while chatting with L at Tangled Skeins as I paid for my book and before I knew it I was paying for the yarn too and walking out with it. I have no idea how that happened. But it's ok...because that weekend I was also
getting older, so I deserved a little something (plus my MIL had sent my husband some money to spend on me, so he handed it over and said "Have fun!"). To sort out how old...add the total number of candles to the number shown. We didn't have the right candles, so Phil got creative, lol.
Besides my little spree at the yarn shop, I got a new outfit from my Mom and Dad, and some money to put towards my heart's desire from my Nan, and these from my birthday buddy Shannon
3 skeins of Debbie Bliss Pure Silk. It's so yummy, I have it sitting on top of my computer monitor so I can pet it.
Earlier this week I got the September Booty Club shipment
It's my last for a while...my sock yarn stash is becoming rather overwhelming so I needed a break. I'm probably going to have a little sad every month as I see the new colours that are coming up but I'll be ok. Once I get some of this stash knit up I'll look into starting my subscription again. But really, a quick peek into my stash on Ravelry shows that I've got about 20 skeins of Yarn Pirate (plus what I've already knit into socks) so I think I might have hit my allotment for YP yarns.
Then yesterday I got this
As a thank you gift. My friend Cherie is a Pampered Chef sales rep and this is the Pampered Chef Square Baking Pan, and it's got brownies from the mix she brought over. The thank you was for taking care of her little girl while she was off having a second little girl...not that I minded looking after her, she's a delightful child. But I do love my new pan (and the fact that I've got brownies!).
Finally, over the weekend...I got to confuse some wedding guests. Our friends tied the knot and during the waiting periods (before the ceremony, during cocktail hour, in between courses for dinner) I knit a sock. I actually knit most of a sock, and this was something of a novelty.
So much so that the photographer had to snap some pics of it. Of course, I don't find it odd that I knit during that time...it made sense to me.
So that's what I've gotten recently. I hope you've gotten some goodies recently too.
Thanks to knittingwoman in the comments who pointed out that the link to Ariadne wasn't working. It's fixed now.
2 comments:
the link to the ariadne shop doesn't work, I get a message saying that page doesn't exist.
Ariadne Knits is a great wee shop and the gals that run it are wonderful.
Post a Comment