I cast on, a little nervous that I'd quickly grow bored with the project, but surprisingly it turned out to be just what I needed. Soothing stitch after stitch, stacking up row after row, and before I knew it I had a sweater.
Pattern: Margot by Linden Heflin. Yarn KnitPicks Swish (Superwash Merino) in "Storm".
While knitting this my friend Ann drew my attention to Shawl that Jazz(ravelry link) and I started thinking about the big cone of licorice twist undyed that I had bought from Deb. Then I started thinking colour, and what would suit my wardrobe best, and before I knew it I had dyed it up in a yummy blue colour and started knitting until...
I had a lovely cozy wrap, perfect for fall. And done entirely in garter, so again we have a simple, soothing project.
What makes the yarn so amazing is that one of the 4 plies takes the dye differently, it absorbs more, creating a lovely effect.
Since both of these projects are on the large size, they were not exactly purse portable. So I picked up the sock that I had started in the workshop Deb Barnhill put on for my knitting group back in August. And between dentist appointments, movie showings, car trips, weddings, and line ups with a friend while she gets a book signed...I made these
Plain socks using Deb's very freakin cool toe-up method, yarn is Sweet Lime, in bamboo merino from the Yarn Pirate. This was my first shipment of the booty club, so it feels good to have this all knit up.
So now that I've gotten all of this plain knitting out of my system, I'm back knitting my Loppem sweater, working on a pair of Wanida Socks from Cookie A's book, and looking forward to casting on a lacy something from Knitted Lace of Estonia. Ahhhhh.
7 comments:
I have my pooling Halloween socks, and my thumbless mittens to show for five weeks.
If only I ever bought enough yarn for sweaters or wraps I could manage garter stitch.
Or I could get off the internet and get knitting.
It all looks fabulous. Thanks for waiting in that line up with me. :)
Love the sweater and the Shawl That Jazz. I should pick my shawl back up. Yours is just lovely!
Ooooh, I may need to consult you on my toe up socks, unless I see Deb B'hill first.
That sweater is sexay! Reminds me of a rather funny chant from my childhood...
You rocked the Margot!! I was unimpressed with it on Knitty but you really did a great job. I am now rethinking my "meh" position on that one to a position of.."hmmm...maybve I CAN wear that baby after all".
Thanks, girl.
That sweater is about sixty types of hot, and just worked itself WAY up on my queue. Well played!
Great sweater! And you know the shawl is seriously gorgeous.
Just have to say how seriously jealous I am of how great the girls look in Margot.
Ifyouknowwhatimean.
Post a Comment