Sunday, July 12, 2009

Bless the creator of Twitter

Thursday night I'm at the library hanging out with my knitters and I get a text message. It's a notification from Twitter...Alison has tweeted

I have 2 tickets for Paul McCartney. Anyone wanna be my date? Free of charge?


I snatched up my phone and tweeted back "ME!"

(Alison later says that there was a mere 8 seconds between her tweet and my reply)

I sorted out childcare and before I knew I was on my way.

Alison and I hung out, ate fries and knit while Joel Plaskett played...


Then, at roughly 9:18 (ok, that's when I tweeted that he was on stage, lol)



Big thanks as well for the big screens....being short means I couldn't even see the stage, let alone the people on it.

At one point Sir Paul stopped the show because a particular sign was distracting...



So he fulfilled this girl's wish to have her arm signed so she could get a tattoo of his signature (causing most of the crowd to think "Damn, I wish I'd thought of that!")

All we are sayin...

...is give peace a chance

Candles for "Let it Be"


Fireworks for "Live and Let Die"


A Nova Scotia flavour added to "Mull of Kintyre"

Along with 78th Highlanders pipes and drums!!

And with that, which was part of the encore, he left the stage. We started to pack up and leave, when...


He was back! And singing "Yesterday"

A few more tunes, and some thank yous, then "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" and covering the crowd with confetti


He was off the stage, for real this time, at 5 minutes to midnight!

What an amazing show! And I owe it to Alison, her sister who gave us the tickets, and twitter who got me in touch with it all!

And just in case you're wondering...

Hells ya I knit!


I worked on Tesla, and when it got too hard to concentrate on lace I switched to the simple sock I'm making for Gabriel

3 comments:

Jen said...

I won yarn on Twitter once. It was awesome!

That is so cool you scored those tickets!

Steph VW said...

yay!

sounds like you had a blast.

Unknown said...

THAT is awesome. SO awesome.

We got to see the Police last year, I think the feeling would have been comparable.