Monday, June 01, 2009

Well, since you asked...

Jennifer left this in the comments on my last post:

May I ask you about your socks? ;)


My socks are great!

These ones just came off the needles today:

The yarn is Flat Feet from Conjoined Creations, basically I knit these off of a square of knitted fabric. It was a fun experience, sometimes frustrating (I had to rip back the first one because I made it a bit too small...because I was knitting it from fabric there was no ball to wind back up, so I had the fabric plus an awkward ball of yarn) and started up lots of conversation whenever I hauled it out to work on it.

For reference, this is what the knitted fabric looked like before I knit socks out of it


Because I really wasn't sure how the socks would knit up, I wanted to do something quite plain in order to let the yarn show itself off. I decided on the Riverbed Architecture from Cat Bhordi's "New Pathways for Sock Knitters". So these socks were done toe-up and the gussets?


Are on the bottom of the foot!

Since these socks are basically plain, they took forever to get done. I started them back in February and knit them here and there over the last 4 months, keeping them as a back up project for knit night, line ups and so on. I actually had to give myself a deadline so I could get them off the needles as I was starting to feel a little guilty for having them as a UFO, lol. My deadline was actually last night, but opted to go to bed at a decent hour, lol.

Next socks to be cast on?

Sunshine Socks from Cookie A's book "Sock Innovation". I'm participating in the Sock Innovation Knit-Along on ravelry, which will ensure that I actually knit up the patterns from that book, and also hopefully help me put a dent the sock yarn stash.

4 comments:

dontcareravelry said...

You can't dent down the sock yarn stash when you have new stuff coming in to replace the ones you just used on a regular basis.

Steph VW said...

Love the new socks. I haven't knit socks for myself in ages. Maybe this summer...

Valerie said...

yummm

Miss Me said...

love the shaping on those socks!