I've rounded up my UFO's.
1)Is Lift and Separate from Big Girl Knits. It's slow going since it's knit at a rather tight gauge. And I might have lost my place on the left front. But I'm pretty sure I can sort out where I was by stitch count...unfortunately that would require picking it back up to figure out. I'm using the change of seasons to excuse my lack of interest in it...this will likely get more love come September.
2) Is Venus, modified to be longer and have sleeves. Stalled out when I started the sleeves and realized that I didn't go "longer" enough and need to unpick the cast on, unravel past the ribbing and knit down to get the length I want. Sigh.
3) Is a test knit. I've tangled the yarn winding it. Thwarted before I began. This will hopefully get a real start tonight if I can convince my children to go to bed.
4) Is my sock memories blanket. Doesn't really classify as a true UFO since it's supposed to be a continuous work in progress. I've done most of the squares during various trip to the emergency room with my kid, but I've also done them when I desperately need to knit but can only manage garter stitch.
5) Wee sock for Gabriel. I'm past the heel and need to get him to try it on. But I can't get him to hold still long enough. Perhaps while he sleeps...
6) Another small sock. This one for Grace out of a friend's leftovers. I'm not 100% sure I have enough to make the second one, so it's stalled out too.
7) Grown up sock. Sunshine from Cookie A's Sock Innovation. This is the June pick for the knit along but I'm not 100% sure I like it or not. I'm in love with the yarn (Disagreen from Little Freak Yarns) but I am not sure I'm going to love all over cables on my feet. May rip this back later.
8) Ah, my lacy linen scarf. This was so beloved, cast on June of 2007 right after the first World Wide Knit in Public day. I knit myself right into physiotherapy with this project. It only has about a foot left to go, but I think it resents being abandoned, since the last few times I've tried to knit on it has messed up stitches, refuses to have a proper stitch count and is generally ornery. We'll have to make friends again soon.
9)Mystic Waters Shawl. I mentioned this to Cate this afternoon and she remembered that I had once truly loved this shawl. In fact, there was a point when it and it's charming stitches and lovely soft wool (laceweight malabrigo!) owned part of my soul. I don't remember why I set it down. I vaguely recall finishing a chart and then seeing on the message board (this was a mystery knit along, where every week a new chart was released) that it was huge. So I peeked through other knitters project pages (love ravelry!) and discovered that, yes, it was HUGE. Frightened, I might have just shoved this into the stash bin. I do want to finish it though...it's so pretty...
10) Not only am I faithless, but I seem to be faithless with a theme. Yet another lace project. This is the Pride stole, from the Seven Deadly S(p)ins Club. I love it, and made past the first colour change. I think this stalled because I needed the needle tips for another project (Venus maybe?). I need to get back on this as it was supposed to be my summer wrap. I don't think it's going to make it, since summer begins on Sunday.
11) Jeebus, I had no business starting this one. I was feeling low on Saturday, crashing after WWKIP and not very much looking forward to saying goodbye to Aaron on Sunday. So instead of picking up a pretty I already had on the needles, I dug out my sea silk and cast on Tesla. I chose clear beads for the trim and it looks very pretty. But yeah, this should not have been started...made worse by the fact that I'm very much in love with it and I should at the very least finished # 12 before starting this.
12) Is mom's mother's day gift. Sigh. Silk and cashmere, using a stitch pattern in the back of Knitted Lace of Estonia. Sorry Mom. I'll put down the sea silk and get back to work on this one.
But see, here is the second part of the problem...
This came in the mail

Mean Girls Yarn Club. This one is based on the cats from Lady and The Tramp. I won't name the yarn since I don't want to get a bunch of weirdo hits, but it's another word for "cat", lol. Beautiful yarn, yummy handmade treat, delightful extras....this is hard!
These also arrived:
Sushi Socks in Denim, and...
Bamboo/Merino roving in Azalea from the Unique Sheep. I cashed in my test knit credits :) The fibre has made me want to get my wheel back out and get spinning...which I have but not this and no that's not done either, lol.
I am not a monogamous knitter. I've always known. I catch Startitis frequently (maybe I never shake it in the first place?), and never seem to get Finishitupitis. But if I'm ever going to get out from underneath any of these projects, I've got to crack the whip upon myself.
No new projects to be cast on until at least one of these is off the needles. None. You heard it here, and I'm counting on you to keep me honest.
4 comments:
You know what... I feel better now :). I say get the mother's day scarf and Tesla off the needles. You can do it, I have faith in you.
You have inspired me to do the same this weekend, Lesley. Also, I haven't blogged in a million years.
wow you have a lot of UFO's I don't think I have that much yarn.. I am a one at time knitter. Occasionally I will have two only if one is a project that needs to be knitted with concentration...
Or if a quick gift thing comes up..
The new yarn is beautiful! Good luck.. Get knitting and finish up some projects!
Can't wait to see these things finished!!
I WANT THAT CAT YARN!!!! Omg its sooooo beautiful.Want. Want. Want.
Post a Comment