When I last posted I had just finished some crazy knitting for the Sock Madness Competition. While I did indeed make it into the final four, I was beaten by Godivaknits by 2 hours in the next round. (Godivaknits and Mouser moved onto the final round, with Mouser coming out on top there...congrats to both of them!)
The Final Four round socks were a test of endurance...8 inches of cabling and lace for the leg!
Yarn: Fibranatura Yummy! Superwash merino
Jumping ahead a bit...my prize for making it in the final four arrived today...
Dye-namics sock yarn...superwash merino, in the Hibiscus colourway. Love how bright the colours are, very pretty!
So that was Sunday May 2. Next event comes up on the 7th of May...
First off we hit the anniversary sale at Tangled Skeins
I bought 4 balls of Cascade Superwash Merino (the bright blue) to make a sweater for the small boy, a skein of Handmaiden Cashmere Silk which is on it's way to being a lacy scarf for my mom (she knows about it, it was her Mother's Day gift), and a book on Creative Spinning. I also picked up some Lamb's Pride to make felted clogs for a friend of my Sister-in-law, 2 in Pistachio and 1 in Amethyst
Those last skeins are already clogs
I used the Fibre Trends pattern, woman's size 8
Thursday afternoon I dropped off Ann and her daughter after the sale and headed down a side street to go home. I can't really tell you what happened next. What I know for sure is that there was a fly which I swatted out of my face, I continued down the road and then I hit a parked car
Now, I really don't know if my momentary distraction led me to drift towards the car causing the accident that broke the control arm and the frame on that side, or if the control arm broke causing the crash. The mechanic said it's highly likely that the control arm went, but there is no way to prove it. Regardless, the frame and control arm were rusting out and there is a very good chance that my minor fender bender saved me from a worse accident later on, especially since I didn't hit hard enough to make the airbags deploy.
Moving on to better news...
Saturday Ann and I took the girls to see "The Gilbert and Sullivan Society Presents Cinderella!" at the Rebecca Cohn. We had front row tickets and the girls were wowed! The girls got to dress up in their princess gowns and after the show the cast came out to meet and greet....
Meeting Cinderella was a special highlight of the day! (Poor Prince Charming however...every last small girl in her pretty dress would either flinch or scream outright when he came near, I felt bad for the poor guy!)
Sunday of course was Bacon Day...I mean Mother's Day
I got my bacon for breakfast, then later we went out to Mom and Dad's where we had steak and lobster...so food wise it was an awesome awesome day.
Yesterday and today we've been sorting out getting a new set of wheels.
There, I think we're all caught up. I have been knitting like a woman obsessed, even more so than usual since it would seem that stress makes me knit faster...
That's us all caught up. Until next time...happy knitting, drive safe!
4 comments:
I would definitely have to go with the arm broke now to prevent a really horrible accident later. I am a firm believer in things happening for reasons. This one being, no one was hurt, especially those beautiful little ones of yours. Cars can be replaced.
I'm so glad no one was hurt!
Well, congratulations on the final four. That is awesome. I know that endurance wise, the last 8 inches of cabling for socks that I had to do took me almost 10 months (and yes, ADD definitely took hold, then I just lost interest, but still...10 months). And me likey your prize...very pretty.
Second, so very glad that no one was hurt, and that it did prevent something worse later on. I mean, with the nicer weather coming up, there will be so many others out and about soon. So that is a definite good thing.
And third off, bacon day is a much better term. I didn't get bacon, and our eggs went bad 2 days before...but I like bacon. I think I will have to make this sunday a bacon day.
thank goodness that only the car was hurt! very lucky, i'd say.
funny thing about stress - it makes me knit faster, too! if my family were more tuned into this, it might make things smoother... you know - she knitting really, really fast, let's leave her alone to relax for a bit.
Post a Comment