Thursday, October 02, 2008

Have I mentioned how much I love my husband?

I don't know how often I have sung his praises here. Probably not nearly as often as I should.

As spouses go, he's awesome.

Mostly 'cause he subscribes to the theory that "if Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy."

lol.

Seriously though, we do have a great relationship. We balance one another out very well. We both have a very sarcastic nature, and to outsiders sometimes I'm sure it must seem like we can't stand one another, but I assure you that is not the case. If you need proof...well...them kids didn't show up on their own ;)

Anyhoo. Before my birthday party I was trying to find something nice-ish to wear and whined to my lover that I had nothing good. It was true, I didn't. I was down to one pair of decent jeans, and my two best shirts are adverts for Ravelry. While showing the rav-love is not a bad thing, when you have to rotate 2 shirts wherever you go it gets dull after a while.

I told Phil that I was sad to have to go to Toronto with my pathetic wardrobe. Especially since I would have to spend a day there doing laundry, and god help me if I spill anything on my clothes.

We came up with a solution: Sears is having a sale :)



We picked up my new suitcase, and also 3 pairs of jeans, 3 tee shirts with cool designs on them, a long sleeve tee, and two nicer tops to wear if I go somewhere fancy-ish (I say "ish"...'cause I wanna wear the jeans. I'm not that fancy). I also grabbed a cute pair of brown ballet flats and a new pair of sneakers for sight-seeing. Not too shabby.

When I looked at the pile of clothes I asked my beloved if it was too much. He looked at me and said "Are you happy?" I said "yes." and he said "then it's worth it." This is especially meaningful since pretty much every other shopping expedition we have ever shared...at some point I would be in tears over clothes that too tight/too long/too expensive to justify.

Did I also mention he sat outside the changeroom, occupying a teething too-tired-to-fall-asleep toddler while I tried on a mountain of clothing?

Hand over the "Husband of the Year" award, 'cause he wins, hands down.

So now I'm pretty much set for my trip. Oh wait...I needed one more thing.


There. Toronto here I come.

(this is going to be a long two weeks)

6 comments:

Miss Me said...

dear leslie,
please stop flaunting your husband. however, if you could convince him to start a blog with advice on how to be an excellent husband, it would be very much appreciated!
enviously,
miss me

p.s. madge looks FABULOUS!!! (and so will you in your new clothes.)

Cali said...

Awww...! So cute!

Hope you have a great trip! I'm excited for you :)

Steph VW said...

When Mr. Happy grows up, he wants to be like Phil.

jkleclerc said...

Awww...
Just cause you are married with kids doesn't mean you don't deserve nice clothes/shoes/underwear too.

Have a great time on your trip!!

dontcareravelry said...

Nice husband Lesley. Mine still hasn't taken my daughter to pick out a birthday gift. I think they are going to wait for Halloween. Not really feeling the love over here.

Anonymous said...

Awww. Nice.

When I'm upset, my husband always says, "do you want my bank card?" (it's a running joke that goes back to just before we eloped years ago and I was sobbing that I had nothing to wear and we were broke grad students)

Have a great time in TO!