Friday, September 05, 2008

Just a little something I whipped up...

Ha! I can't even type that with a straight face.

Susie Hoodie, is done. The seemingly never-ending hood was conquered late (very late) Tuesday night, the sleeve grafting and end-weaving (not much, since I did it as I went) was completed Wednesday morning after walking my big boy to the 4th Grade.

(Yep, 4th Grade. Where they start to teach you french. And you have the option of learning to play violin or cello, should you wish to learn a string instrument. Cam has chosen Cello. I'm still trying to figure out how 4th Grade snuck up on me)

It wasn't a hard knit, just a long one. And I had to set it aside a couple times to do deadline projects.

I love it!


It's cozy, like wearing a soft blanket. The fit is great and the shaping follows my curves rather than making me look boxy or blobby.

The hemline is sassy


And I even love the hood

(even if it did test my resolve).

To recap:
Pattern: Susie Hoodie by Mandy Moore, available in "More Big Girl Knits" (Jillian Moreno and Amy R. Singer). I don't know if I've lately commented on how much I love this book and it's older sister "Big Girl Knits". Shaping! Patterns that fit! Love it All!!
Yarn: Knitpicks Swish (Superwash Merino) in "Clematis Heather". The overall colour is purple, but it has this pretty iridescence to it. Just gorgeous. And it feels absolutely divine on.

All in all, I'm very satisfied with this FO. So satisfied in fact...that I immediately cast on for "Lift and Separate" from Big Girl Knits (in cascade 220), and "Milkmaid's Stockings" from "New Pathways for Sock Knitters" (bamboo blend from Yarn Pirate, in "Sweet Magnolia"). Nothing like an FO high to trigger some startitis.

thanks to Cate for taking the pics in her yard

11 comments:

fitncrafty said...

That is just beautiful!! I am SO impressed that sweater is handmade. You are very talented as it just looks so perfectly done.
I also love the color.... purple is my favorite!
I tried once to knit a sweater... sigh... I stopped after I completed the back as it just would not have fit on me.... never.. even though the test swatch was correct! I am envious... your sweater is amazing! I am sure it feels great to finish it!

Marti said...

Totally adorable.

Ann said...

You've just totally redefined "Sexy Mama"!!!!!!

Valerie said...

Sex-ay!

Love the sassy hem. And the hood does look fantastic. Can't even see the blood, sweat and tears.

Cali said...

Looks great! It'll be perfect for this fall

Steph VW said...

*wolf whistle*

Love the over the shoulder photo. I can't wait for it to be cold enough so you can wear it to KOL!

(somebody slap me for saying that!)

Cate said...

I *love* that sweater... you're lucky I'm allergic to wool... or it might have disappeared while you were here :). It looks wonderful on you.... I feel the sudden need to go shopping for enough yarn to make myself a sweater.

Anonymous said...

I love it... it came out so beautifully and i LOVE the hood!

jlmack said...

Foxy!!

dontcareravelry said...

That sweater does indeed leave you with a nice bum. :)

It's beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Hey Les!!!
WOW, you're finished the sweater!!!! IT'S GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!! do me a favour and whip up one for me for when you come to toronto!!!!
GORGEOUS!!!!!! you're sooooo talented!!
melissa.