Thursday I arrived to my knit night at the bar (Dartmouth and Brave Travellers, not to be confused with my Tuesday night knit night, which is KOL. Yes, I have two knit nights a week. Yes, I do need them both) and the divine Ms Hellcat (her real name is Stephanie) gave me a present!
The card is awesome, the yarn smooshy and good. Not a colour I would have picked for myself, but now I can't imagine how I lived my life without it! Such fantastic green! I see a leaf motif on a pair of socks in that skein.
Friday I got breakfast in bed and time to myself, and after swimming my husband randomly suggests that we go to the Celtic Corner for dinner (lol! I totally knew something was being planned...I had started to do some planning myself and was told to knock it off and stop asking so many questions). When we arrived, this greeted me
There were family, friends, friends who are basically family, and knitters (some who are both family AND friend)!
We enjoyed a great supper (I had salmon,mmmmm!) an ice cream cake decorated with Cinderella and I was showered with cards and gifts
Malabrigo laceweight (on my desk now so I can fondle it whenever I want), gorgeous stitch markers (hidden inside that Wonder Woman card), a perfect carry-on bag and a cosmetic bag from my Nan (who also gave me the owl on the pumpkin, which makes me giggle everytime I look at it).
And this adorable case made by Steph
It has sheep! NAKED SHEEP! ACK! Teh CUTE!
Inside are stashed all the gifts of yarn fund donations for my upcoming trip to Toronto (and is hidden away with my trip confirmation letter, and my passes for the CN tower and the Toronto Zoo). Everyone was so generous, I am going to have the BEST time in the yarn shops! I also received some Tangled Skeins gift certificates, and a gift card for MaryAnn's.
My husband is getting me a new suitcase to travel (just ordered it a few minutes ago actually, I went for red instead of my original plan of hot pink), but got the children to each choose something for me:
The mug is from Gabriel, though I think Phil really chose it (the reverse side reads "Organized people are just too lazy to look for things"). The webkinz was chosen by Grace because it looks like my Molly, even has green eyes. The lush bag contains an avocado and lemongrass bath bomb chosen for me by Cameron, because he knows that I love that one (sometimes that kid really blows me away with how sweet and caring he can be).
My husband took the kids home to put them to bed around 8, leaving me to hang out, knit and have a few drinks with my knitters until midnight, when he came back to pick me up (my mother-in-law was at our place, he didn't leave the kids alone or drag them out) and also got some of my friends home too.
Saturday morning I turned on my Ravelry to find an entire thread dedicated to me on the Nova Scotia/PEI knitters board.
Sunday I went out with knitters to check out Pacafiesta (which will get its very own post), then after Cam's martial arts class I went to my moms, where we had an excellent dinner and an incredibly yummy boston cream cake. Later I curled up with my husband and a bottle of wine.
Which, I have to say, is a pretty awesome way to turn 30.
for the record, actual birthday was Sunday, the 28th
3 comments:
Sounds like a great way to spend your birthday!! Happy belated. Hope it was as fabulous as it sounds!!
Happy, happy brithday! Sounds like it was smashing!
wow that is some pile of birthday.
Post a Comment