Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Whiskers On Wednesdays!

A couple weeks ago my pal Michelle posted a Whiskers On Wednesdays...and I was excited. Excited because I would get to do something similar to the Dogs On Thursdays thing that several of my blogging pals get to do! Yay for Cats!

I signed up, intending that last week would be my first post.

Yeah...blogger said NO. I have no idea what was going on, but I must have written that first post 3 or 4 times, but whenever I tried to load pics blogger would freeze and the computer would crash. Probably a problem with my system. Probably vista. I hate vista.

Anyhoo...for my first post I wanted to introduce my kitties, and here they are:

This is Molly. I got Molly shortly after I moved out of my parent's home and we have been together for almost 11 years. She's everything you would want in a cat...she's loving, so pretty, intelligent (most of the time), good with the kids and she doesn't do bad stuff like steal yarn. In fact, she's such a marvel that even people who are allergic to cats do not seem to be allergic to my Molly.

In fact...if I had to come up with a complaint about her, the only thing I can think of is the fact that she snores. Loudly. Even then, that's just sort of funny.

Our other feline family member is Ginny. Ginny is not quite a year old and she is insane. She mooches food, you can't leave a coffee cup unattended, and she likes to hide under the bed so she can grab at your feet. She stays up most nights running like a lunatic and climbing the curtains. When she was smaller, she would attack the baby's feet while he slept (she has learned that the consequences for waking the baby are not good at all, and has stopped that). She came from my Aunt's place, I have mentioned before that my Aunt's house in the country has become a haven for abandonned and pregnant kitty cats (Ginny's mom was barely more than a kitten herself). Now, several years ago I took in a kitty that my Aunt had found, and that animal was bat-shit crazy too...must be something about the Valley that makes cats nuts.

That all said, she's pretty tolerant of the kids now, and I know she'll get better as she ages. Molly was pretty zany as a kitten too, it's just been so long since she was a baby that I have to remind myself that it gets better. She's also really affectionate, and while she has her bonehead moments, she's actually quite smart at times. She always wants to be where we are and she can be very entertaining. Plus, she's very pretty too.

Those my kitties. I look forward to reading the other participant's kitty entries and hopefully you've enjoyed mine.

4 comments:

Bridget said...

What sweet kitties! We had a cat named Molly and she was the best - maybe it comes with the name!

Ginny would be a good friend for our Jetsam, they could entertain each other for hours. And hours. And - well, you get the idea ...

V. said...

Nice to meet your feline family. Must be something about all white cats, my Milo is insane as well.

goosefairy said...

hahahaha! LOVE your descriptions of the cats. They are obviously well-loved. We have a snorer too. Actually, a couple of them. Love the pics. :)

Anonymous said...

Aww they're lovely! Can't wait to see more of them at Whiskers on Wednesday!