Monday, June 16, 2008

The News is Good

My parents are back home, and so is pretty much everyone else.

Gotta say, this whole thing has been really surreal. Sort of a "Wait, this is something that happens to people I have never met in places I have never been...not here, not to people I love."

Crazy how life is.

The important part is that while a few homes were damaged or completely destroyed, every person is safe. Homes can be rebuilt, lives cannot.

Although I doubt any of them will read this, big big thanks go out to the brave Fire Fighters and Rescue Crews, both from home and those that came from away to help. If I could, I'd knit you all socks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Big sigh of relief! I'm so glad no lives were lost, and that your parents are safely home. We were watching on tv, and it was a surreal thing. I think those firefighters deserve thick warm socks too. :O)samm

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that your family and friends are all safe... what a scare.

It's good to see you back here again.. you've been missed!