Basket of Yarn is a charming little shop in Upper Tantallon. Unfortunately, it's out of the way location, combined with an increased cost of living (read: gas prices) has made it so that it's not particularly profitable for the yarn shop owner and she has been forced to close her doors.
In the meantime, she's having a big 'ol sell-it-all sale. Everything in the shop is on sale. Yarn, notions, needles, patterns, wool wash...all of it must go. It's all 30% off. And she has some nice stuff.
So while I'm pleased as punch with my score at the sale...I'm sad that we've lost a shop, and I'm sad that I didn't get there before this turn of events.
Anyhoo, this is what I got:

It's all Araucania, in fingering weight. The yummy green is going to be the Queen of the Waves by Ilga Lega, the 2 with the blues, greens and pinks will be another Clapotis (I love that pattern, and I have yarn in another colour/weight/fibre content that is going to be a Clapotis too). The lone mottled one will likely be socks. Because, I can't seem to get enough socks.
She's planning to stay open until the last ball of yarn goes out the door, so if you want to help her out, head on over and buy yarn. I mean, it's the least we can do.
5 comments:
That is really sad. It's too bad she couldn't keep the shop going.
(And feeling a bit like a vulture - nice stash enhancement!)
Oooo pretty!
It is funny and so bad of me how excited I get for going out of buisness sales... It's so exciting because it's a great sale... but at the same time I feel bad for not helping before hand to keep the buisness going... I feel like it is just me and people like me that must have brought down the store. I think I may have issues... lol
my friend last night just bought a ball of the rancho semi-solid and i was envious . . now even moreso!
That's the yarn I wanted to pick up on Saturday. I should have never made that Ravelry post. I am glad it went to a good home though.
Did you happen to notice if there were many Addi Turbos left?
It's sad that a yarn shop is closing. Especially one that carried lovely yarns like Arucania! I have some tucked away to make socks, but the store has more now, more lucious colours. I like what you chose! samm
Post a Comment