Saturday, March 22, 2008

My sweater is not finished.

Because I've been making these:


Aren't they sweet? Little itty bitty snails, the pattern can be found for free on the Mochimochiland Blog. I love Mochimochiland patterns, I've bought several (here is the shop link). The patterns are reasonably priced and oh-so-cute. So far I've collected Tums (made for my cocoa swap partner), Gargle (going to be a b-day present for my cousin's daughter), Evolving Punk (just because he's cute) and I got the Reindeer as a bonus because I bought over Christmas. Oh, and I just bought Butterful.

For scale;


I used yarn from my leftover sock yarn, and they barely use any yarn at all really(the pink and green shells are less than one stripe each off of some opal). It's fiddly, cause it's a small project on small needles on fingering weight yarn, but it's still a quick knit.

I love them, I think I'll be knitting more. And I love the suggestion of leaving them in places for people to find them. Don't be suprised if a few days after I visit you one turns up at your house ;)

6 comments:

kasiaiscarly said...

very cute!

Steph said...

Don't be surprised if people start inviting you over in hopes of finding a wee knitted snail after you leave!

Anonymous said...

Uh oh. I feel myself getting attached to those snails. Must. resist.

Anonymous said...

Those are so cute!
Looking forward to knitting with you again soon!

Cali said...

They are so cute! love it! I agree with Steph, I may have to invite you over... lol

Robyn - said...

OH! i'm going to cast on right NOW!