I don't know where the last three years went.
But somehow this

(two weeks old)
Has become this

She is articulate, has likes and dislikes, she has opinions (lots and lots of opinions!)she has a very active imagination and she amazes me every single day. She's beautiful and funny and fantastic in every way.
(She's also trying and frustrating and while that's annoying as all get out, I know it will give her strength that she will need later on)
Happy Birthday Princess!!
We celebrated on Saturday with a big 'ol party at a resource centre (I rented the space). We had a fairytale themed party and kids were encouraged to dress up. Grace's buddies and family were there, the children ran around and made merry. We made crowns and opened presents and ate cake.
A big shout out to my mom on the cake...she really came through on this one:

Another shout out goes to my brother Aaron's fiance

Kass wore her prom dress and was a fairy. She gets the "good sport" award! They also sat at the crafting table with the children and made crowns. I think they had just as much fun as the wee ones, lol!
Grace had so much fun at her party, and when we got home she got into all her stuff (and yes Charlene, she ate the chocolates. She offered us one each, and scarfed the rest herself, lol!). It was close to 10:30 before she was able to settle down, she was so excited. I was a bit worried there would be a "let down" since she has been talking about her birthday party since, oh...NOVEMBER!!! I was concerned that she would have it so built up that it would never live up to her expectations. But it must have since on the way home she declared "That was the best pary ever!"
Today we are going to take it easy, play with the new toys and have a simple dinner (she gets to pick...my money is on chicken nuggets and fries for her choice) and cake, and then we'll suprise her with her big gift.
I have a knitting post in the works...complete with an FO, a tale of a lost sock and the arrival of some prizes and yarn...but that will have to wait until tomorrow.
I'm spending the day with my not-so-baby girl.
12 comments:
Happy Birthday Grace! your party seems like it was wonderful and you looked splendiferous! how come we never see pics of your mom at these events? What about your siblings were they festivated up for the occassion as well?
Happy Birthday to Grace!! She is adorable!
Happy birthday, Grace. Henry sends a big hug for you today!
(seriously, Lesley, you should go into party planning. You have the best ideas!)
Grace! You look like a really truly princess! Such a pretty girl you are, and getting so big. I'm glad you had the best party ever. Happy happy birthday! samm
She looks so cute and happy! Its amazing how fast the time goes.
Happy Birthday Grace!
Lesley, great party! Sorry for teasing you about the chocolate.
-Charlene
Oh, what a sweet post. I was so there just reading it. She is a doll. I love to see pics of your kids.
Many birthday wishes to your baby girl!!!
The pictures are amazing, your mom has talent!
We must knit soon, sorry to fall off the radar ... in-laws ... shudder.
How sweet she looks! What a little princess! The cake turned out great! If only I could have parties that were this fun, lol.
I think it's awesome that there was an actual fairy princess at the party. Well, two of them, really.
Happy birthday Grace!
Happy Birthday, Grace!
It goes too fast, doesn't it mama??
What an amazing birthday! The cake is perfectly perfect and to have a "fairy" show up at your party!!! Grace is a lucky girl :) Great job, Mom!
Post a Comment