
Tussie Mussie, in Cotlin, Key Lime colour
Mods: Used a larger size for the arms to give a bit more room than what was going on, and my plan for making it fit into the sleeve place worked lovely.
Also worked the sleeves inside out so I was not doing rounds and rounds of purling.

Issues: 18 frickin buttons. Sewing on the 18 buttons and then making 18 crochet chain loops was the fussiest part of the entire project. Mom, your next sweater is going to be a pullover.

Even still though...it's beautiful. I'm very proud of my first sweater:)

Proud enough to immediately cast on for Sienna in Wool of the Andes, Stream (it only has 6 buttons).
Side note: I think a couple people might have gotten the impression from yesterday's post that the situation causing me frustration had to do with the Hot Cocoa Swap, probably because I said "smack participants around." That's not what I meant and I'm sorry if that upset anyone who thought they might be on the smack list. The situation that makes me want to smack people is not swap, blog, or even knitting related. But thanks for the hugs.
Update: Both Grace and Gabriel seem to be through the worst of the sickies. Cross your fingers that Cam makes it through his March break without getting it too!
13 comments:
You are the bet daughter, EVER!!!!
Oh my gosh!! SQUEEE!! I LOVE IT!!!
You've done such a beautiful job. You're giving me the courage to knit a sweater.
Lesley!!! It's gorgeous!!
Congrats Lesley! It's amazing. Your Mom is one lucky lady, getting your first adult sweater!
Oh Lesley it's beautiful!!!If I promise to sew on the buttons and do the chainy loopies, would you knit me one too!??? Please? I'd like blue for mine..... Great job girl! sammmmmmm
THAT'S your first sweater!?!?!?!! Holy crap Les, its fabulous. Wow. My first sweater is from the days before I knew there were natural fibres.
Wow! Great sweater!
-Charlene
That;s your first sweater?!? Impressive. I'm even more impressed that you manage to knit with three kids and a broken coffee maker.
I haven't made my first sweater, yet. I've done 3 dishcloths, and am now onto my first purse/bag. I'm thinking of tackling some mittens and socks before I'm ready for a sweater!
It looks beautiful!
So pretty! lovely. That was quite the first sweater! you are the best daughter EVER! lol
That sweater turned out gorgeous and the color for the next one I like too.
I love the sweater! Great pattern, great buttons. They look incredible - the time-consuming crochet was worth it!
Good luck with the rest of the sickies :)
Wow! That is an amazing any number sweater, never mind your first!!!
I thought it was cute when I saw it in Knitty, but your version shows that it's more than cute... it's fabulous! Great job!
Post a Comment