Tuesday, February 05, 2008

IT'S HERE!!!

Seemed like FOREVER since I finished my sample socks and sent them off and then placed my final order for my reward yarn...but it finally came today!!!

(to be fair to Laura, over at Unique Sheep, it was not long at all. I finished the socks January 9th, and it took about a week or so for them to get to her, and then a day or so for me to place my order, then she had to dye the yarn and send it to me...not long at all, but when you want yarny goodness, it has the same time warp that Christmas Eve has for a very excited child)

Anyhoo...

I think that over a lime&violet they'd call this Yarn Pr0n!

First up, the reward yarn. I got Sushi Socks in Spiced Apple


I love the colour and the yarn is delishly smooshy. There is a pattern in Favourite Socks that I think would be perfect for it...

And I ordered this

Doctors Without Borders colourway in Tinsel Toes



This stuff is so soft I want to wrap it around my head and just wear it like that. Although, I think it might be destined to be something out of New Pathways for Sock Knitters.

And just to dissolve any doubt that I have acheived full knitting dorkdom


Sock blocker keychain. With mini-skein of yarn to make mini sock to fit over mini sock blocker. Yarn is Verve in Azalea. Hehe.

4 comments:

Steph said...

I really hope you're bringing that sock blocker to knitting tonight.

It's very Squee worthy - as is the yarn.

Alison said...

Dork!

Did I manage to convince you to buy new pathways? I kinda felt like an infomercial when I had it with me at your place at Xmas and was going on and on to you all about how great it was!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Yippy!!! I got my yarn from her yesterday!!! Its so delicious isn't it?!?

jkleclerc said...

That is so cute! and yes, you have taken knitting knerdiness to a whole new level.