Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Christmas All!

Hi!

We've had a great Christmas so far, and we still have dinner with Phil's family to enjoy!

Yesterday morning I was woken up at the unholy hour of 6:45 am by Phil's brother who was dropping off gifts. He figured since I have kids I'd be up. No, not so much. I wasn't able to get back to sleep, so I had about a hour and half to myself. I was able to fold laundry and get the sugar cookie dough prepped without a smallish person "helping" me. So, thanks Scott!
After breakfast Cam and I rolled and cut out sugar cookies and then he decorated two special ones for Santa. We suspect Santa must have really enjoyed them since there was not so much as a crumb left behind!
Then it was off to a lovely church service. After a short visit at Nan's, we headed over to my parents' place. While there we discovered that Santa had made an early drop off while we were out!

He left us a note apologizing for missing us, but he'd left us some goodies!
Cam handed out gifts, doing a great job of reading names. Grace received a Cabbage Patch Newborn, which she was too pleased with:

Cameron got a dragon, whose rider will fly off when you pull the string:

Very cool. All of us made out well.
Then the Davies family came to hang out and we all had a lovely time eating and watching Grace play with the dogs (her fav game is to get kibble from the cupboard and throw it for Angus, their youngest golden retriever). Their older dog, Sam, was extremely excited for Santa, to the point where she was shaking and jumping like a pup. She knows that Santa brings tennis balls, and could not wait!
We went home, put the kiddies to bed, had some eggnog and went to bed ourselves.
This morning we awoke to this:

That's all the gifts from family and friends, this is the kids' Santa stuff:

Here's Cam making his arrival in his Christmas jammies...they look so cool!

We drug out the going to the living room event as long as possible...my goodness it's fun to tease your kids!
Grace had to be hauled out of bed (poor Cam was ready to burst)...she's groggy yet:

but she quickly got into things.

As did Cam:

I was trying to open my stocking when Grace decided she wanted her CPK accessory pack opened...

and the baby needed a diaper change:

The pack came with two disposable diapers, but since they are A) really expensive (I think it's nearly $1 per CPK diaper!) and B) way too big for her tiny newborn, I am going to sew up some cloth ones for her (just as soon as I figure out what I did to my sewing machine to make it stop working...anybody know of a good service place for those things?)
Our boy made this for us at school. He's so talented!

Cameron went to the Build-a-bear workshop to make a present for his sister, he's named it "Tinkerbear" since it's wearing a fairy costume:

So we suprised him by having Grace make him the Husky pup he's been wanting since the store opened, along with a gift card to pick out the clothes himself(unfortunately I don't have a clear pic of it. But if you follow this link, you can see which one he has)
All in all, we had a great day. My husband and my kids got me gift certificates for Tangled Skeins (hello boxing day sale!), a gorgeous robe and a denim booty bag purse from my mom, and lots of other good stuff.

Well, I'll sign off now since my in-laws have arrived. Hope the holiday found you all happy and Santa was good to you!

3 comments:

FrozenExtremities said...

Lucky kids getting build-a-bears!! Looks like a fun time had by all!!

Alison said...

Merry Christmas! The Boy enjoyed looking at pictures of Grace and Cam opening their presents!

Anonymous said...

Teddy bears are the best, and not scary like clowns.

Love the pictures of groggy Grace and action hero Cam...