I hate Christmas shopping. No wait, that's not exactly true. I love going out with my list and my budget and finding something for each person on my list that I know that they will love and I have a knack for finding good deals. What I hate is dealing with everyone else at the mall.
It never fails, I go to the mall knowing ahead of time where I am going, what I am looking for. And I always get stuck behind someone who believes they are strolling along the beach. No matter where I turn, I get caught behind people who look completely bewildered that there is so much going on and feel the need to look at it ALL. Hello? This is madness...you need to freakin MOVE!!! Go home, make a list of who you are buying for, how much you can spend and an idea of what to get for each person or at the very least a store where you think you might be able to find something for that person. Then come out to the mall.
That's why I usually try to do my shopping on weekday mornings. Of course, this is easier now that I am at home, but when I was working I always took off a Tuesday in December to do serious shopping. It's not so bad on weekdays. But you still get oddities.
Just a few:
A woman was in front of me in the toy dept. I got stuck as I was trying to see the stuff just ahead of her and had no way around. She was talking away, having a conversation with someone, I assumed she was on her cell phone. Nope. When I did pass her I realized she was having a grand ol' time talking very loudly to herself.
In the Panhandler in Penhorn mall, while I was at the counter paying when a woman rammed her cart into my ass. Now, I realize that I have more ass than one might consider necessary, but there was plenty of room. The crazy part? She gave me a dirty look! Um, hello? You hit me chickie. Then she actually sighed in a very exagerrated fashion and says "excuse me" and rolls her eyes. What, the ten feet of room behind me is not enough for you? Oh, and this woman was well dressed and probably in her mid-fifties.
Finally, one you make you smile. Yesterday there was a couple standing in line to see Santa. In the man's arms...a pug. I brought Grace over to see the dog, since she is crazy about dogs right now, and realized the dog was wearing a red velvet dress. I pointed out the dress to Grace, and the man said "yes, this is her Christmas gown." Of course it is.
Knitting: Have finished and mailed the hat for my cousin's daughter, finished the project a friend of mine was paying me for, I am about to finish the embroidery on Aaron's hat, am about 1/3 through Evan's hat, then I need to whip up a basic cable hat for my grampy, who wants to ignore Christmas this year, but since the treatments have left him always cold a knit cap is just the thing for him. We're getting there!
Monday, December 18, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
have you not see Minou's Christmas photo?
I am tired out for you.
I hate the mall. Especially at Christmas.
Post a Comment