
I have to tell you about this wonderful act of kindness I was the recipient of today. As a lot of you know it has been freakin raining most of the past week, today especially. I was leaving HFX Shopping Centre with Grace, who was in her stroller covered by the weather shield (or "baby greenhouse" as I call it) and blissfully dry. I however, with my totally useless raincoat was soaked. I heard someone coming up behind me calling "Excuse me!", I turned around expecting this woman to have a sippy cup or toy that Grace ejected from the stroller...and she is handing me her umbrella. She says "Please take my umbrella, you're getting soaked." Here was this lovely dressed woman, her hair all in place, offering me her umbrella. I was so shocked I couldn't speak right away. I thanked her, but declined the umbrella, since with the wind and the stroller I would not have been able to use the umbrella very well. I did however, feel a lot warmer after the encounter. I guess there are kind strangers out there after all.
3 comments:
Those look great, and aren't matchy/matchy! Hmmm... you may have convinced me.
I like that they don't match. Lucy would be proud. Am I supposed to lend you my sock book? What size needles did you use?
I like the non-matchy matchy too. Very nice.
Gobsmacked at the kindness incident.
Post a Comment