Monday, September 27, 2010

You know that thing I do with sticks and string?

I have some finished stuff to show you

Just before the Tour de Fleece started I cast on yet another lacy shawl

I finished it around the time TdF finished up

Pattern: Laminaria
Yarn: The Unique Sheep Eos in the Raven's Wing colourway



detail shot


I love this pattern. I love the texture. I didn't love doing the make-3-into-9 sts but I love how they turn out. And it only used up some of the skein of Eos that I bought so I have more than enough to make another lovely something with it :)

Of course, once I finished this I needed to cast on another lacy something so I grabbed a skein of Tosh merino light that a friend of mine gave me, in the colourway "Opaline" and cast on for Swallow Tail shawl that I've had on my to-knit list for years



First off...I love Evelyn Clark shawls. They are very well written, designs that are easy to get the flow of. I've even forgiven her making me do nupps.



And this yarn is stunning. Depending on what light you see it in, it can be pink, purple, or grey with touches of pink or purple. It's stunning.

My current shawl is being knit in malabrigo sock yarn in a gorgeous blue-green. I can't wait to show it off when it's done.

Over the summer one of my very dear friends had her fourth baby, a delightful baby girl.

I knit one of my favourite baby patterns, the Seamless Baby Kimono (rav link)



I did the 3-6 month size, knit it in soft but functional Knit Pick Swish DK, the colourway Storm (which I bought years ago, and that colour is no longer available)

I've also managed to break free of my sock rut...since May I hadn't been able to cast on a sock and knit further than the toe. Towards the end of summer I was able to finish these



Alright, they don't match. On the right is the first of my pair of Leyburns(rav link), another pattern that's been on my must knit list for a while. I'm knitting it with koigu (rare moment where I'm knitting with the called-for yarn). I've modified the pattern to suit my foot, ditched the lower st count on the sole for a better fit, doing my standard type of toe and using Deb Barnhill's toe-up sock formula for the heel (I prefer a heel flap over a short row heel). The second sock is progressing a lot faster than the first sock because the mods are all sorted out.

On the left is the first of a pair of Manolo socks. As soon as I saw this pattern I fell in love with it. It's so well written and it's incredibly charming. I'm using The Unique Sheep's Verve, in the colourway American Beauty, which was part of the Lust shipment from the Seven Deadly S(p)ins club I was in a couple years ago. The pattern that came in the shipment wasn't to my taste but this pattern just screamed for a nice red yarn. The second sock is progressing, already done the heel and working my way up the leg.

So that's us caught up with the finished knitting content :)

No comments: