Thursday, July 08, 2010

Toys!

I love knitted toys. Love them. I am fully addicted to MochiMochiLand (I just picked up her book, you should definitely check it out, it's amazing!). I especially love toys that are unusual, and the cuter the better.

Danger Crafts has some really adorable patterns as well, I made two of the Greta the Cat patterns for some babies I know (I can't seem to find the pics of those but here are their rav pages: One and Two)

Back in December MochiMochiLand published a pattern of a teeny tiny snowman. Inspiration struck and I thought of something very fun and immediately bought the patterns needed to make it happen. Of course...it stayed as An Idea for a long time, but recently I made it a Reality:



Using the Tubby pattern and the Teeny tiny snowman pattern, and some ice cubes, I made this little scene. I'm going to buy some of those clear plastic crystal-looking things to replace the ice so I can have it on display in my craft room. I am ridiculously pleased with how this turned out.

Speaking of inspiration that got shelved...ages ago I was watching a video cast by Carin called Round the Twist and she showed us some hedgehogs she was making for some little girls that we both know...and I fell in love. Had to buy the pattern and make some. I finished one, but had to wait for an order of eyes and noses to arrive (local craft stores are very eye and nose deficient) and while I waited I bought more fun fur and prepared to make more hedgehogs for my kids (the original is mine!). Got eyes and noses, ran out of stuffing. Then it all just fell to the wayside, but I've finally gotten the first two done:



On the left is "Minnie" and she's mine. Grace named hers "Rose". Gabriel's will be blue. Cam is entirely too cool to admit he wants one too.

During my toy madness, a friend of mine had surgery to remove a faulty gallbladder. Knowing her and I share a similar sense of humour, I knew just the thing to cheer her up



Yeah, that's a knit gallbladder with a card begging forgiveness, lol! She loved it and I feel both ridiculously proud and dorky.

So that sums up the recent toy knitting. Next post I'll show you some pretties I've been spinning, I'm participating in the Tour de Fleece this year (we spin every day that the Tour de France is on) so I've been doing a lot of spinning.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

LOVE the Hedgies! They are too cute! I may have to break down and make some for the grand daughter...