and I love them!
Pattern: Marlene from Knit.1 Fall/Winter 08.
Yarn: The Unique Sheep's Sushi Socks, which is a Merino/Bamboo/Nylon (60/30/10) blend. I'm really loving the bamboo blends lately, they are so very soft, seem very durable, and the colour has a nice sheen to it as well. The Unique Sheep has this blend in a sport weight, which I might like to use for summer top or lightweight cardigan. The colourway here is called "Spiced Apple".
I channelled my good pal Deb and worked out how to continue the pattern down the toe, since I really didn't like how it just ended in a stockingette toe (something which likely would not have bothered me before one of our discussions on toes and patterns...that one puts ideas into your head, lol). The hard part was sorting out the last line of the chart, since I couldn't put the yarn over at the start of the toe I needed to put it in somewhere else to balance out the decrease in the middle. I ended up just following the line of yarn overs, but realized once I did that it messed up the ribbing, meaning I had to do it again and then get rid of it in the next rows. Next time I do this pattern...I'll just omit the yo's and not do the regular toe decreases on that row. Hopefully it won't mess up the lines too much. (And I will be doing it again...this is a yarn my mom can wear, and she likes the pattern too...I thinking this colour, or maybe this one?)
The wasn't hard but involved a lot of twisted ribbing...I'm not a fan of ribbing and twisted ribbing is even less favoured...so now my plain socks are a welcome relief. I love knitting I don't have to think about (too much anyway).
2 comments:
Well done! I am also knitting a pair of plain stockinette socks right now, so I have something good for bus knitting, or knit night.
LOVE those socks... and how you continued in pattern to the toe... awesome!
Post a Comment